HELP ON IMMIGRATION QUESTION

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

jacroson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP ON IMMIGRATION QUESTION

Hi,

I was invited to apply for PR, which I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago, then applied for my bridging work permit straight after for me and my husband. A day or so after that I got an email to say mine and my husbands work permit is extended until July 2021, or until a decision is made on my permit, the reference number of which was for the bridging work permit, not my PR.

Today, my application for PR has been rejected "As incomplete". My application has therefore been closed, without the opportunity to amend it. Fortunately my Husband has a profile still that we can submit our application for PR under as he had an invitation also, however we need new police certificates (the reason mine was rejected) but this may take 1-2 weeks and our current work permit expires 29 March (Monday) 2021, does that mean the extension we received until July 2021 whilst they make a decision on my bridging work permit, is still valid and I can stay here on that? If not how else can I stay here? as my understanding is you can only apply for a bridging work permit before your current one expires (29 March???) which I wouldn't be able if I don't receive the Police certificates before then. Do we have to leave on 29 March?

Any help on what to do next would be greatly appreciated as time really is of the essence. Thank you.