Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help Completing the Forms Correctly

Help Completing the Forms Correctly

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice
Default Help Completing the Forms Correctly

I am currently in the process of filling out forms for an application for permanent residence "outland" via London.

Currently however I am in Canada on a bunac visa. This runs out on the 31st of March 2010.

The forms ask for things like residential address and mailing address. Should I put these down at the address I live in at the UK or should I put in the Canadian address?

Also it is asking for a contact number. Should I put UK number in or Canada number. There is room for an alternative number so maybe put the canada number in the alternative number?

I want immigration to be able to contact me but I also do not want to cause any problems or not fill out the form correctly.

The last thing I want is to annoy an official causing delay or difficulty.

I have been told that it is fine to apply outland while in canada but am wondering when there are questions like...

Are you currently living with your sponsor... to which I would answer yes.

On the No option it says when did your sponsor return to canada....

I however am currently living with my sponsor in Canada...

I am being a bit panicky about this so sorry but could do with a little confirmation that this is the right thing. I hope so as its way longer to apply in Canada and no guarantee that I could stay on a visitor visa in any case.

Thanks for your help..

John
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:50 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Completing the Forms Correctly

Outland apps are meant to be quicker than inland, so you may be lucky and have PR before the bunac expires, which would be nice.

What class are you going for? Skilled Worker? Spousal/Common-Law Sponsorship?

I think you can remain in canada once you have applied until they make a decision, think it's known as implied status, I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.

As you are currently in Canada I'd supply your current Canadian address. It sounds as though you are planning to leave before the application might be complete, which is possible as the application may not be complete by the expiry of your visa.

What might be worth doing is sending a letter with the application that details your situation, simply say you have provided your Canadian contact information as you are in Canada, but if the application is not complete before your visa expires then you will obviously have to leave Canada and thus your contact details will be.... Whatever address in the UK you wish to put down.

Actually, thinking about it, you may want to ring CIC and talk this over with them and see what they have to say about this.

Don't worry about panicking about this. I was worried when filling out the forms that I'd done everything correctly, but in the end it was all ok and I got my PR in about eight months (submitted an in-canada spousal/common-law sponsorship app in November 08, landed in July 09)

Last edited by sharkus; Sep 2nd 2009 at 8:54 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:43 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weaver2008
I am currently in the process of filling out forms for an application for permanent residence "outland" via London.

Currently however I am in Canada on a bunac visa. This runs out on the 31st of March 2010.

The forms ask for things like residential address and mailing address. Should I put these down at the address I live in at the UK or should I put in the Canadian address?

Also it is asking for a contact number. Should I put UK number in or Canada number. There is room for an alternative number so maybe put the canada number in the alternative number?

I want immigration to be able to contact me but I also do not want to cause any problems or not fill out the form correctly.

The last thing I want is to annoy an official causing delay or difficulty.

I have been told that it is fine to apply outland while in canada but am wondering when there are questions like...

Are you currently living with your sponsor... to which I would answer yes.

On the No option it says when did your sponsor return to canada....

I however am currently living with my sponsor in Canada...

I am being a bit panicky about this so sorry but could do with a little confirmation that this is the right thing. I hope so as its way longer to apply in Canada and no guarantee that I could stay on a visitor visa in any case.

Thanks for your help..

John
What did you put on your BUNAC application - I thought they weren't allowing applicants with Canadian spouses?

Anyway, I'd put your Canadian address and contact details then update with your UK one when you move back.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

People apply for outland spousal sponsorship while living in Canada all the time. Just answer each question with the most honest answer.

Implied status applies to work permits - not PR. If you're on a work permit and then apply for another work permit or extension then it's implied that you have one until the result is known.

It's very likely you'll get PR before BUNAC expires but keep an eye on LMO and work permit timelines in case you need one.

Check out the BUNAC/Canadian spouse thing first though. Might get you in trouble. Did you get married after you got BUNAC?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses and info. I am going to but NA / continuing for the current stay in Canada where it asks for the dates.

I am not currently married but am filling out the forms ready to send of when we get paperwork back such as the certificate (wedding in October). We had no legal status either as common law marriage or otherwise at the time of Bunac application so unless Bunac have changed something I think I am okay there?

As for the addresses I will list my UK address as home address and the Canadian one for the correspondence address and an alternative number as in Canada as well just in case.

I think I would also try for a visitor extension if the application for PR has not been processed by then.

So many forms to fill in. Some of it is fun though like the photos and other information as you get to write about memories. Anyways I only have to do this once right!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Linzania is on a distinguished road

Yes I would put down the Canadian address for where you are living right now and explain your situation in the notes. That is what I am planning on doing.

As for being on BUNAC with a spouse - BUNAC changed this last year and said people are ineligible if they have a Canadian common law partner or spouse. But I came here and stayed with my boyfriend. We hadn't lived together before so weren't common law. So that's what I told them and they said it was ok. It's different if people have already lived together as common law or are married already.

Hope that helps!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

hi,

again thanks for the information

I have been completing the forms and have a couple more questions if people would not mind humouring me.

1) The first qustion related to the IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1 backgroud declaration form

My previous addresses. I have a pretty comprehensive list but there are alot and the boxes are now full do I put in an extra sheet and then mark this as something like section A part 1 continued and attach to the back of the form?

Also some of the addresses I had at university I have the road name but not the number and no way of obtaining the number. This was like over ten years ago but I have to put in all addresses since 18. I can put the road down but then maybe could I put in a map with where the building was. I have not got any correspondance or records to give it more precisely.

2) I am unsure with all the forms whether to use England or United Kingdon or Great Britain for the various country questions. Currently I have a mix of things. Great Britian for where was the passport issued and United Kingdom for country of residence and then England for where born and my addresses. I am sure I am just being picky here but does anyone know what is the best format?

3) For the sponsor form Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] it says at the bottom On a seperate sheet of paper please provide any additional details of your current relationship that you beleive would help prove that your realtionship is genuine and continuing.

There is not really a list of the kind of things to include. We are sending a marraige certificate and have a lot of letters from people to send but I though that I sent those as the person being sponsored. Do we make copies of this? I realise that as we are married we do not have to prove as much as with common law but I still want us to send as much that will help as possible.

What kinds of things did other people send for this.

Many thanks for all your help.

Best Regards

John
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

hi,

again thanks for the information

I have been completing the forms and have a couple more questions if people would not mind humouring me.

1) The first qustion related to the IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1 backgroud declaration form

My previous addresses. I have a pretty comprehensive list but there are alot and the boxes are now full do I put in an extra sheet and then mark this as something like section A part 1 continued and attach to the back of the form?

Also some of the addresses I had at university I have the road name but not the number and no way of obtaining the number. This was like over ten years ago but I have to put in all addresses since 18. I can put the road down but then maybe could I put in a map with where the building was. I have not got any correspondance or records to give it more precisely.

2) I am unsure with all the forms whether to use England or United Kingdon or Great Britain for the various country questions. Currently I have a mix of things. Great Britian for where was the passport issued and United Kingdom for country of residence and then England for where born and my addresses. I am sure I am just being picky here but does anyone know what is the best format?

3) For the sponsor form Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] it says at the bottom On a seperate sheet of paper please provide any additional details of your current relationship that you beleive would help prove that your realtionship is genuine and continuing.

There is not really a list of the kind of things to include. We are sending a marraige certificate and have a lot of letters from people to send but I though that I sent those as the person being sponsored. Do we make copies of this? I realise that as we are married we do not have to prove as much as with common law but I still want us to send as much that will help as possible.

What kinds of things did other people send for this.

Many thanks for all your help.

Best Regards

John
1. Extra sheet if you only know the street, just put the St. down.
2. It is England, United Kingdom is Wales, Scotland, England N. Ireland
3. Send the letters, others include wedding pictures, holiday snaps together.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the fast response PMM!

With regards to question three. Does this mean that we have to duplicate the letters etc for both parts of the application. IE include a copy of this information with the forms for the sponsor and then again for me during my part of the application.

This is getting kind of confusing.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for the fast response PMM!

With regards to question three. Does this mean that we have to duplicate the letters etc for both parts of the application. IE include a copy of this information with the forms for the sponsor and then again for me during my part of the application.

This is getting kind of confusing.
No, since you send the sponsorship and the application (with attachements) to Mississauga and then if Mississauga approves the sponsorship, the application with attachments are then sent to the processing office.