help CEC or skilled worker?

Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:41 am
Just Joined

skischool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help CEC or skilled worker?

Hi
My wife and I have been working on seasonal sponsored visas in whistler, she for the past 10 years and myself for the past 6, always 6 months at a time. I am a CSIA level 4 equivalent, we are purchasing a property in BC and I am also a qualified carpenter. When we do the SW test online our score is 85.
We also have lots of supporting letters. We are returning to canada again and are hoping to get our residency application processed quickly so we dont want to waste time applying for the wrong visa. Different immigration lawyers are telling us different things and we are to too sure which application to process?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:55 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help CEC or skilled worker?

CEC is not for you. In order to be eligible to apply under CEC you must have (among other things) 2 years of full time (or full time equivalent) of authorized, skilled work experience in Canada gained within 3 years prior to CEC application. With your seasonal work (6 months in - 6 months out) it is a requirement simply impossible to meet.

Seasonal job offer can't be used as arranged employment either. Get a full time job as carpenter and then you have a chance.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

skischool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help CEC or skilled worker?

cool thanks mate - thats what we thought but there is so much information out there. We will apply for skilled worker application in sydney before we leave. We both have 6 month temporary work visa and she can get the working holiday visa for 2 years. I can be a kept man over the summer. Thanks again and if you come up to whistler over the winter, I will by you a beer or take you for some turns