Help with CAIPS - RCMP CPIC

Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:09 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with CAIPS - RCMP CPIC

As many of you know, I am still awaiting PPR 5 months after medicals, I have received my CAIPS notes today and it has shed some light on the delay....

Under the notes it says that a CPIC check was initiated in March, it came back in April as "Query error", they resubmitted it at the start of May and that's the last entry.

Anyone know why a CPIC check might come back with an error?

I have a fairly unusual name, so I'm pretty sure I would be the only person in Canada with that name, so there should be no duplicate hits for my name.

What do they submit for a CPIC check, could someone have filled the request in wrong?

EDIT: Oops, I've been here long enough to know this should have gone in the Immigration section, posted quickly in my excitement lol, please move mods

Last edited by G77; Jun 11th 2010 at 5:14 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:01 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with CAIPS - RCMP CPIC

Originally Posted by G77
As many of you know, I am still awaiting PPR 5 months after medicals, I have received my CAIPS notes today and it has shed some light on the delay....

Under the notes it says that a CPIC check was initiated in March, it came back in April as "Query error", they resubmitted it at the start of May and that's the last entry.

Anyone know why a CPIC check might come back with an error?

I have a fairly unusual name, so I'm pretty sure I would be the only person in Canada with that name, so there should be no duplicate hits for my name.

What do they submit for a CPIC check, could someone have filled the request in wrong?

EDIT: Oops, I've been here long enough to know this should have gone in the Immigration section, posted quickly in my excitement lol, please move mods
Any mods in the house?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:32 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Still no mods around? My finger is hovering over the report post button
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:01 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

The CAIPS translation guide that I have does not help answer that one, sorry, have you sent a case specific email asking the same question?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Still no mods around? My finger is hovering over the report post button
Here now, your wish is my command!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:32 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Clematis
The CAIPS translation guide that I have does not help answer that one, sorry, have you sent a case specific email asking the same question?
I did think about it, but then I didn't want to annoy them further by letting them know I ordered CAIPS.... I'm sure I'm already probably in the troublemaker pile

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Here now, your wish is my command!
Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:22 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

According to this - http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do...dex&nid=528419 - they just submit your name and date of birth - maybe they messed the dates up or something? I will contact them and ask them whether they have now received the CPIC check.

In reality - who cares if they know you ordered CAIPS. I would bug them as much as I could now.

ADDED - apparantly it takes approx 4 weeks to turn a CPIC around.

Last edited by AmyDavid; Jun 15th 2010 at 5:26 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:25 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
According to this - http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do...dex&nid=528419 - they just submit your name and date of birth - maybe they messed the dates up or something? I will contact them and ask them whether they have now received the CPIC check.

In reality - who cares if they know you ordered CAIPS. I would bug them as much as I could now.
I have a surname which is commonly misspelt - I'm guessing that's what happened. Quite how they got the wife's right and mine wrong I dunno, but it's possible with CIC - on my TWP they spelt mine right and hers wrong, on the same piece of paper! Unbelievable!

I emailed them last week but didn't get a response. Will give it another couple of weeks and prod them again.....
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:27 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I have a surname which is commonly misspelt - I'm guessing that's what happened. Quite how they got the wife's right and mine wrong I dunno, but it's possible with CIC - on my TWP they spelt mine right and hers wrong, on the same piece of paper! Unbelievable!

I emailed them last week but didn't get a response. Will give it another couple of weeks and prod them again.....
If it takes 4 weeks to turn the CPIC around I would give them till next week and start chasing again.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:34 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

If it takes 4 weeks to turn the CPIC around I would give them till next week and start chasing again.
The CPIC was re-initiated on 7th May. There is a BFD of 3rd June, guessing it wasn't back by then else I would have heard something.... unless it came back with an error again

My file is probably awaiting the next BFD date now.....
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by G77
The CPIC was re-initiated on 7th May. There is a BFD of 3rd June, guessing it wasn't back by then else I would have heard something.... unless it came back with an error again

My file is probably awaiting the next BFD date now.....
Okay now your speaking French...lol What is a BFD?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:44 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Okay now your speaking French...lol What is a BFD?
Bring Forward Date - the date that the officer will get a prod to take a look at your file and see if what they're waiting for has arrived....
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Bring Forward Date - the date that the officer will get a prod to take a look at your file and see if what they're waiting for has arrived....
Blooming heck G77 we will know a whole new vocal by the time this is over
I donti know how you are staying so patient, ( is that steam coming out your ears ) hope it's not too long now
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:12 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Blooming heck G77 we will know a whole new vocal by the time this is over
I donti know how you are staying so patient, ( is that steam coming out your ears ) hope it's not too long now
I wanted to get it through before I had to renew my work permit, that has been and gone now, so I'm more relaxed about it....

If it's not through by the time our medicals expire, then I'll probably lose it. I think I'd probably throw in the towel at that point and just move to the US instead