Please help me.
in question 11 "Personal history".
to avoid time gaps, the periods should be as:
"from 1996 02 to 1996 05, and 1996 05 to 1997 08"
or:
"from 1996 02 to 1996 05, and 1996 06 to 1997 08"
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP: Background Declaration Form

The first one, you can't have any gaps.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

hnagy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Thanks a lot Sir.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I am confused...

what if I was unemployed until 30th september and I started working the 1st October?...

10/2007-present
XXX-09/2007

Theres no gap in this case but reading your answer, Canada could think that there is a gap!!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roraimap
Now I am confused...

what if I was unemployed until 30th september and I started working the 1st October?...

10/2007-present
XXX-09/2007

Theres no gap in this case but reading your answer, Canada could think that there is a gap!!
I understand what you're saying, but how are CIC to know that you finished one thing on 30th Sept and started the next on 1st Oct? They don't ask for exact dates, only months, so they could look at that and think you were maybe in one job until 1st September, and then didn't start your new job until 30th October - thereby creating a potential gap of nearly two months.

To avoid them thinking there are any gaps at all (and returning your application), you need to make sure your dates don't imply any time you haven't accounted for.

Which category are you applying under, FSW? If so, what occupation?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 10th 2010 at 4:50 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:54 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

A gap of a month is actually okay - it is any gaps over 3 months that they will send your pack back.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
A gap of a month is actually okay - it is any gaps over 3 months that they will send your pack back.
Interesting. A certainly somebody (a man not far from you!) told me to change our application so that the dates overlapped as above, as otherwise it would be sent back due to the gaps..........
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:29 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. A certainly somebody (a man not far from you!) told me to change our application so that the dates overlapped as above, as otherwise it would be sent back due to the gaps..........
LOl did he indeed..lol When someone ends a job on the 30th and starts on the 1st - it is okay to state it as leaving in one month and starting in the other. I think the man in question just likes to cover all avenues so that mistakes are not made- which is actually a really good idea..lol
Old Aug 14th 2010, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

UK2USA2CA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I’m also completing my background declaration form at the moment. I’ve completed my background information as per the first example (without any gaps). i.e:

from 1996 07 to 1997 01, and 1997 01 to 2004 07"

I was just wondering should I apply the same rule to section 10 of page 2 of 4 (Education)? At the moment my form is completed as follows:

from 1989 09 to 1994 07 (secondary school), and from 1994 09 to 1996 07 (college)

As you can see I’ve based it on the school year (Sept-July) Should I instead avoid gaps?

I’m just really eager to get these forms completed correctly the first time.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
LOl did he indeed..lol When someone ends a job on the 30th and starts on the 1st - it is okay to state it as leaving in one month and starting in the other. I think the man in question just likes to cover all avenues so that mistakes are not made- which is actually a really good idea..lol
My wife had a 1 year post-doc research contract which ran 1st October 2006 to 30th September 2007. And she started her new job on 1st October 2007

So the forms will look like 10/2006 to 09/2007 and then 10/2007 to present.
If we change one of the months we'll actually be lying!

Surely Visa officers are human beings, not mindless robots, and will realise that sometimes people finish one thing at the end of a month and start another at the start of the next month?

If not then I gotta go re-do all our forms, something I am not keen on doing since we submit in 3 days time!

Wayne.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Waggle
My wife had a 1 year post-doc research contract which ran 1st October 2006 to 30th September 2007. And she started her new job on 1st October 2007

So the forms will look like 10/2006 to 09/2007 and then 10/2007 to present.
If we change one of the months we'll actually be lying!

Surely Visa officers are human beings, not mindless robots, and will realise that sometimes people finish one thing at the end of a month and start another at the start of the next month?

If not then I gotta go re-do all our forms, something I am not keen on doing since we submit in 3 days time!

Wayne.
That is perfectly fine - those dates won't flag any problems up to them. Don't worry!