Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help/advice required - Skilled worker - which trade best in your opinion?

Help/advice required - Skilled worker - which trade best in your opinion?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

UKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond reputeUKfireman has a reputation beyond repute
Question Help/advice required - Skilled worker - which trade best in your opinion?

Hey everyone. Im new to posting on this site, ive read alot of threads on here but just wanted to pose a question,

Im a 29 year old firefighter in the UK, am looking at completing a trade course in bricklyaing/plumbing or plastering ( City & Guilds or NVQ) here in the UK, getting a bit of experience here on my days off and then hopefully move to canada. hopefully Ontario (Guelph/Kitchener area), either via the Provincial nominee program or by normal skilled worked application.

Has anyone here got any advice as to the best option that opens the most avenues in the current labour market conditions, I know bricklaying in Canada is mainly limited to commercial premises as a lot of domestic properties are constructed with wood. Also would I need to get 'Canadian' certification from the relevant authorites before I could work oer there in a given trade?

I just feel its a bit of a minefield and a little bit daunting knowing where to start but Im really determined to do this and would really appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Ben