Wikiposts

HELP!

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
With LMO valid only till Jan '09 and current timeframe for new one in Alberta exceeding 6 months (if not qualified for e-LMO) as well as adding to it time required for advertising the position you have zero time margin left for contemplating what to do. If for any reason LMO is not extended in time you'll have to stop working. Your arranged employment will die with it. Not good.

Clock is ticking, so you should get work permit and start working in Canada as fast as possible. If it means asking for WP at POE and you are ready to fly then go.

Few payslips later your full PR application with arranged employment should be submitted, in order to have a chance for PR visas before your LMO and WP expire. It means staring building full application like a month ago and not making any mistakes - with your time limitations you can't afford risking any delays in the process. If it means retaining professional help (not the one who misled you) so be it. Not when you get stuck, it will be too late. Now.

Without knowing the reasons for such short validity of LMO it is impossible to even guess if it can later be extended.
We're not in a postion to leave the Uk for at least a further 2 months so according what you're saying if we was to leave now - It's grim, so in 2months may as well forget it and wait for 90 day letter and sit it out.

I have the details here of the LMo and it says:

Opinion expirey date : 31/1/2009*
*Note: Foreign worker must apply to CIC for wp before this date.

Then under Employment, it's got 2 years!

Its seems pointless! I'll sit it out.

Yogi
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:04 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
We're not in a postion to leave the Uk for at least a further 2 months so according what you're saying if we was to leave now - It's grim, so in 2months may as well forget it and wait for 90 day letter and sit it out.

I have the details here of the LMo and it says:

Opinion expirey date : 31/1/2009*
*Note: Foreign worker must apply to CIC for wp before this date.

Then under Employment, it's got 2 years!

Its seems pointless! I'll sit it out.

Yogi
Hold on - sounds to me like you have a 2 year LMO, it's just that you have to apply for WP before 31/1/2009. (have a real good look and check this)

That changes everything - you will get issued with a 2 year TWP, giving you plenty of time to get PR fast tracked once living in Canada.

Only question remaining is if your employer is prepared to write the letter offering to convert temp job offer into permanent...

I hate to sound blunt but in your case I would really advise getting help from someone such as Andrew, you seem confused about how this works and it is oh so easy to make a mistake. Difference between getting fast tracked and not is about 4 yrs, so it's a big deal. Help on this forum is good, but it's easy to cause confusion (such as the LMO expiry).

Whatever you do - do not give up. Many on here would kill to have a job offer and LMO, use it wisely

Good luck whatever you decide.
Rob
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rob_999
Hold on - sounds to me like you have a 2 year LMO, it's just that you have to apply for WP before 31/1/2009. (have a real good look and check this)

That changes everything - you will get issued with a 2 year TWP, giving you plenty of time to get PR fast tracked once living in Canada.

Only question remaining is if your employer is prepared to write the letter offering to convert temp job offer into permanent...

I hate to sound blunt but in your case I would really advise getting help from someone such as Andrew, you seem confused about how this works and it is oh so easy to make a mistake. Difference between getting fast tracked and not is about 4 yrs, so it's a big deal. Help on this forum is good, but it's easy to cause confusion (such as the LMO expiry).

Whatever you do - do not give up. Many on here would kill to have a job offer and LMO, use it wisely

Good luck whatever you decide.
Rob
Hi Rob,

Andrew's first paragraph sounds a little scary, and doesn't mention WP. So after reading this, and making several other enquires it transpires it's exactly as you say more or less.

All the other opinions I had from people who've landed in Canada in the last 4 months was this:

As soon as the WP is issued, to which I have until 31/1/09 to get this done the LMO effectively becomes redundant and the WP is for the employment term that is on the LMO which in my case is 2 years.

So based on this, I've downloaded the WP forms and shall file them with London on Monday. The CHC site says there is a 6 week turn around and as we can't go for 2 months anyway I may as well do this here, then at least I won't have to worry about the "Risky" POE that Judy referred too.

As you can see from the post I did ask Andrew if he'd be interested in taking this over and that I would contact him to discuss fee's etc...

As he didn't acknowledge taking on my case, I got the impression he wasn't that interested so I've also decided to phone HRSDC in Canada on Monday just to clarify the details on the LMO and the details of the LMO exactly are this:

Under the "Worker Information Section"

Duration of employment: 2 years

Opinion expiry date: 31/1/2009*

* Underneath this it says:

"Please note that the foreign worker must apply to CIC for a work permit prior to this date"

Which I'll file Monday with London and wait the 6 weeks or so. The only reason I said "I'd sit it out" is because Andrew painted such a Black picture and it sounded like there was no way round it - other than go like now, which we couldn't do anyway. So after making further enquiries it seems to fit in place. The date of issue on the LMO is the 5/4/2008 to the company.

Thanks for getting back to me Rob, and the advice too. It's really helpful.

Cheers

Yogi.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:15 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you have time till Jan '09 to apply for WP and once issued the stated duration of employment should be 2 years, just as it is in LMO. If you would have made clear from the beginning what your LMO exactly states suggestions you received would have been less scary.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:10 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

As you can see from the post I did ask Andrew if he'd be interested in taking this over and that I would contact him to discuss fee's etc...

As he didn't acknowledge taking on my case, I got the impression he wasn't that interested so I've also decided to phone HRSDC in Canada on Monday just to clarify the details on the LMO and the details of the LMO exactly are this:
Forum rules don't permit members who have commercial interests to solicit business. If you want to correspond with Andrew about retaining his services, you should send him a private message through British Expats or contact him via his own website (there's a link in his signature).
x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:29 pm

As he didn't acknowledge taking on my case, I got the impression he wasn't that interested
In your post you asked about help when you get stuck - and I replied you need help now, not when you get stuck, as it will be too late.

I assume you don't know yet how to contact me directly - thus I just emailed you and sent a PM with contact info.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Forum rules don't permit members who have commercial interests to solicit business. If you want to correspond with Andrew about retaining his services, you should send him a private message through British Expats or contact him via his own website (there's a link in his signature).
x
Judy

The last thing I'd expect from Andrew is to discuss my case on an open forum.

When I asked in my post "If Andrew would be interested in taking the case on" A simple reply on here - something like "Yes by all means give me a call and I'll take a look" would've been fine.

I would have then, as you say: "Clicked the link in his signature"

But as the invite to contact him was not forthcoming, I assumed he was not interested.

Things are clearer than first described, and I do appreciate Andrew's input, and I do realise he's a business, so the information he posts can be brief, and just outline things to get you under way so to speak, as the information is FREE!

I have no problem whatsoever in retaining his services and his fee's as I don't expect him to it for free. I was just looking for the invite to contact him after my question if he'd be interested? - That's it!

I believe this post answers Andrew's post too, and I'll make contact via his email address and see where we go from there..

Just to clarify a point:

"I assume you don't know yet how to contact me directly"

If I could'nt make contact with Andrew that could be one of three things.

1/. Andrew does not make his contact details clear ( This is not the case )

2/. I cannot fathom out how to contact him ( As I work in IT - well, I'm sure
the answer is more than obvious )

3/. I'll leave this one with you as the answer is in the reply.

Thank you both for your interest and I will make contact. I also trust things are a little clearer now?

Many Thanks

Yogi.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:55 am

Yup, all clear