Wikiposts

HELP!

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP!

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Also to point out that you will not be issued a TWP for 2 years, it will only be issued for the duration of the LMO so if you fly in June you will get a TWP til Jan 09 and then you will have to apply to extend your twp and the comapny will need to apply to extend /another LMO.

(We are in the process of doing this at the minute!)
Hi Mandymoochops,

Hmm This is getting better by the minute I've not had this mentioned before about the permit lasting as long as the LMO, I'll take your word for it as you seem to be in the same boat.

So according to that then, if I land tomorrow with all the family, the LMO expires in Jan 09, the company apply for another LMO and in the meantime I've not had my PR finalized, then when the LMO is carried out a person applies for post, does that mean you're then surplus to requirements?

So then it's a case of back to the UK, having sold up lock, stock, & barrel? Surely not!

Cheers

Yogi
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:15 am
Just Joined

ntitto is an unknown quantity at this point

Yogi,
I'm in pretty much the same situation. Applied SW June2006, job offer March 2007, employment validated oct 2007. I sent the paperwork in for the job offer in mid Oct 2007 and received a 90 day letter Nov 1st. Took red seal in Calgary December, had medicals, new police reports etc all docs sent to London Jan 2008. Heard nothing since - waiting for PPR. We decided to wait for PR in the UK rather than have our stay in Canada dependent on the job.

ntitto.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ntitto
Yogi,
I'm in pretty much the same situation. Applied SW June2006, job offer March 2007, employment validated oct 2007. I sent the paperwork in for the job offer in mid Oct 2007 and received a 90 day letter Nov 1st. Took red seal in Calgary December, had medicals, new police reports etc all docs sent to London Jan 2008. Heard nothing since - waiting for PPR. We decided to wait for PR in the UK rather than have our stay in Canada dependent on the job.

ntitto.
Hi ntitto,

Thanks for reply. Did you apply for the Simplified route? I'm guessing you did as do say later in your post you sent the rest of the docs. So based on them time frames as I sent copies last week to London of my Job offer, AAIT, and LMO I can expect a 90 day letter within the next month or so - maybe??

So then we have 90 days to get the docs updated, Police checks, and medicals? I agree with you totally, to me it seems a much safer way.

BTW How did you get on with the Red Seal? Was it for Electrical?

Cheers

Yogi
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Yogi,
Applied using old application - simplified application started a couple of months after we applied. They still asked for most of the application forms again in the 90 day letter. We got the 90 day letter a couple of weeks after I sent the job offer validation in. In the 90 day letter it says to allow them 4 months to process the stuff you send so we should get PPR by the end of May if everything's OK. I reckon it'll be 8 months between the 90 day letter and the visa. I did the auto tech red seal, OK apart from some guess work on terminology!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Yogi,
Applied using old application - simplified application started a couple of months after we applied. They still asked for most of the application forms again in the 90 day letter. We got the 90 day letter a couple of weeks after I sent the job offer validation in. In the 90 day letter it says to allow them 4 months to process the stuff you send so we should get PPR by the end of May if everything's OK. I reckon it'll be 8 months between the 90 day letter and the visa. I did the auto tech red seal, OK apart from some guess work on terminology!
Hi Ntitto,

In your first post you say: "job offer March 2007, employment validated oct 2007.

I've had a job offer in writing from the company and they've added me to their PLMO to which I have a copy of this. Is this what you're refering to when you say "employment validated"? Or is that something different?

I'm due to take the elctrical red Seal soon, I'm currently reading a code book which seems similar to ours but as you say it's a lot to do with terminology.

So it sounds like you'll soon be on your way What part you heading to?

Cheers

Yogi.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Hi Ntitto,

In your first post you say: "job offer March 2007, employment validated oct 2007.

I've had a job offer in writing from the company and they've added me to their PLMO to which I have a copy of this. Is this what you're refering to when you say "employment validated"? Or is that something different?

I'm due to take the elctrical red Seal soon, I'm currently reading a code book which seems similar to ours but as you say it's a lot to do with terminology.

So it sounds like you'll soon be on your way What part you heading to?

Cheers

Yogi.
Don't know what a PLMO is. Got the job offer in writing, then had to have it validated by the HRSDC in Alberta for it to be useful in the immigration process. This took 26 weeks - initially I was told to expect 12. I think this is to check that the job offer is in a trade under pressure and that the wages are fair. In the 90 day letter London also asked for an updated job offer with a more recent date. I bought a US textbook for the exam - fat lot of good! The Canadian study materials were too expensive at around £500. All trades sit the exam in the same room - doing different papers obviously. They told us that the results would take three weeks. I'd flown over for five days just to sit the exam so I asked if they could tell me the results sooner. I knew within 2 hrs via fax from Edmonton. All the exams seem to be held on a Tuesday and it is apparently possible to do a re-sit on the Thursday if you cock up.
We hope to be settling in the High River area - just south of Calgary.

good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:09 am
Just Joined

PLMO - positive labour market opinion - right?
sorry it's getting late!

ntitto
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:22 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandymoochops,

Hmm This is getting better by the minute I've not had this mentioned before about the permit lasting as long as the LMO, I'll take your word for it as you seem to be in the same boat.

So according to that then, if I land tomorrow with all the family, the LMO expires in Jan 09, the company apply for another LMO and in the meantime I've not had my PR finalized, then when the LMO is carried out a person applies for post, does that mean you're then surplus to requirements?

So then it's a case of back to the UK, having sold up lock, stock, & barrel? Surely not!

Cheers

Yogi
Well when you think about it, it stands to reason.

You are coming on a twp - therefore by definaition the job offer and the LMO are therefore temporary.!

So I would

1) send off for a twp to CIC London (what we did)
2) Hopefully get approval, fly out and get issued your permit when you get to wherever (as explained above ALL TWPS are issued at immigration - its the whole applying for it thingy that is either done at poe or in the UK)
3) Work for your employer, then in October this year - speak to the employer and ask them to extend the LMO because you want to work for them full time. They extend the LMO for say 1 year, you do the same (ie apply for a TWP extension for a year)
4) As soon as the above step is done do the permanent residency thing ie apply for it including a letter from your employers stating that they will employ you full time once you have been granted residency!

Simple really - we are on step 3 and to be fair we didn't know that the twp would only be issued til the LMO expired - we nearly died as ours was only for 6 months.

But thems the breaks and you gotta do it right
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

your lmo is specific to you - ie the company will appy to extend their LMO relating to you - so no-one else can jump in and use it!!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

PLMO - positive labour market opinion - right?
sorry it's getting late!

ntitto
Hiya,

Yep that's right PLMO Positive Labour Market Opinion I thought this might be the validated part but wasn't sure myself. - So thanks for that.

I've bought some study material from Canada which as you say can be expensive, but then I need to get familiar with the terminology so I had no choice really. Still if it gets through it'll have been worth it

Thanks for your info it's been a great help and the very best of luck to you too

Yogi.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
your lmo is specific to you - ie the company will appy to extend their LMO relating to you - so no-one else can jump in and use it!!!!!
Mandymoochops to the rescue thanks for that as it now seems to make more sense. Just trying cover all angles really, the last thing I want is huge surprises as I've had a fair share of those over the last few days

Thanks for your reply and your advice above it's been very helpful. So a big thank you all for your tips I'm a little wiser now, certainly enough to make the decission of TWP or sit it out for PR here hmmmmmmmmmm...

Thanks all

Yogi
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:32 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, We're here in the Uk, check out the 3rd paragraph of the last post..

In the post #5 you wrote:

Would I have to pay school fee's as we're now there on a TWP?

Thus the question about clarification.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:56 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the input. That seemed to put it in a nutshell so to speak When you say apply at POE all I have is a copy of the LMO, would I need the original?

So from what you're saying: We could land tomorrow at Calgary International armed with a copy of the job offer, Copy of the AAIT invite, Copy of the LMO and some funds and they'd issue me a work permit and my wife one too? There and then? Because from Judy said this option seemed to be a little risky for some reason!

Look forward to hearing from you Rob.

Thanks for your reply

Yogi
Yes, but they will only issue your wife a WP if your job falls in skill level O, A or B of the National Occupational Classification. It's obviously more risky to apply at POE, if you have the time better to apply though London and wait the 6+ weeks.

Couple of questions for you:
1) Why is the LMO only valid to Jan 2009 -will it be easy to extend?
2) Will your employer offer you a permanent job (or at least be prepared to write a letter to that effect to support your PR visa)?

If the answer to either of the above questions is no/don't know, then you're taking a risk moving the whole family over for what could be only 6-8mths TWP.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
In the post #5 you wrote:

Would I have to pay school fee's as we're now there on a TWP?

Thus the question about clarification.
Andrew,

I do apollogise! You're right, I can't believe I did that! I can see I've missed the "If We" part out.. Sorry about that.

Any thoughts on the last post about taking over if we get stuck? If so, I'll call you as and when and you can let me know costs etc.. We're thinking the TWP route at the moment and as you say chase up the full part when we get there..

Thanks for pointing that out, I can see why you asked the question. I was getting quite frustrated with it all to be honest as we've really been misled with all this - shame really but I guess we'll have to just pick up the pieces..

Thanks

Yogi.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

With LMO valid only till Jan '09 and current timeframe for new one in Alberta exceeding 6 months (if not qualified for e-LMO) as well as adding to it time required for advertising the position you have zero time margin left for contemplating what to do. If for any reason LMO is not extended in time you'll have to stop working. Your arranged employment will die with it. Not good.

Clock is ticking, so you should get work permit and start working in Canada as fast as possible. If it means asking for WP at POE and you are ready to fly then go.

Few payslips later your full PR application with arranged employment should be submitted, in order to have a chance for PR visas before your LMO and WP expire. It means staring building full application like a month ago and not making any mistakes - with your time limitations you can't afford risking any delays in the process. If it means retaining professional help (not the one who misled you) so be it. Not when you get stuck, it will be too late. Now.

Without knowing the reasons for such short validity of LMO it is impossible to even guess if it can later be extended.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Apr 24th 2008 at 2:15 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.