Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

has anyone heard of photo's required on landing

has anyone heard of photo's required on landing

Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of
Default has anyone heard of photo's required on landing

hi all

we have heard through the grape vine that we should take two photo's of each of us when we land, one of these should be signed, has anyone done this or even heard of it

all the best paul&jo
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default Re: has anyone heard of photo's required on landing

hi again! we wereadvised to do this, and we did, but they never asked to see them at all.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

was it a passport photo
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Hi again
It was a passport sized/standard photo - it needed to be as recent as 3-6 months though i think so we got new ones taken of everyone just to be on the safe side

We were of the thinking that you have nothing to loose if you are over prepared for POE with every single document you need, we kept ours all in a folder so it was easy to cart about. That way everything is in one place and you can just hand the entire folder over to the customs officer and show them where each document is etc

Do you have a list of everything you need for POE? There are many on this forum so just check and check again - I left that to Debs, she is the organised one out of us!!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We were told to take them too - but were never asked at poe. I handed them over in 'the pack', but they were given back to me - not even glanced at!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:59 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother , if they want photos then they have the facility to take them at immigration
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

not sure what to do now we think we might just incase, sod law says that if we dont, we will get asked for the dam things
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
not sure what to do now we think we might just incase, sod law says that if we dont, we will get asked for the dam things
Just take them as i am sure it wont be ask but what if????? take them ok, good luck
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

one other question i have, is did anyone down load the form off the net an dfill that one out, or did you all wait until you landed and fill out the form at the airport.

as i have heard that its different

ta
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:35 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

what form?

you don't need to fill in one for PR card unless you don't provide them with an address to send it to in the six months following your landing date.

seriously don't worry about the photos , it only becomes an issue if the immigration officer thinks there is a mark or something on yours , in which case they take new ones there and then
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

i beleive the form was called IMM 5476 application for work permit,

one other question we do have is, once you get off the plane and go through the first desk, do we then go to the immergration office before we pick up our bags, or can we pick up our bags first then go into the room for immergration
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:47 pm
Professional Cat herder

go to first desk

explain why you are here

they will direct you to immigration where they will process your WP

pick up bags

go to customs

deal with goods to follow ( if you have any)

Exit airport

Celebrate New Life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( don't know the answer to the form thing , didn't realise before that you were on a WP not PR , sorry )
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

sarah_matt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
hi all

we have heard through the grape vine that we should take two photo's of each of us when we land, one of these should be signed, has anyone done this or even heard of it

all the best paul&jo
hi

Sorry i have only just come back to this site and i was looking through and found this tread.

We landed back in June with PR. On the green form there should be your photos attached and this is what will be added to your card. Everyone in my family rec'd their cards after 6 - 8 week, i had to have another photo taken and i wait another 6 weeks.

hope this help.

PS we are living in Dartmouth, and my OH is working in New Minas. We bought a house here before he was offered his job. We are now considering moving up to Kentville area.

Sarah