Wikiposts

Has Anyone Ever....

Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice
Default Has Anyone Ever....

Here is my situation:

My husband and I were accepted through my employment on the BCPNP. We sent our PR paperwork at the beginning of May so we are waiting to hear back. After we received our PNP we accepted transfers with both our companies to Vancouver, which the PNP said was fine because I didn't have a location on my work permit and my husband has an open work permit.

Since moving to Vancouver, my company are basically screwing me over. It is a long story but it has gotten to the point where I am on the verge of walking out. I have never been out of work since I was 12 years old and I work 70 hour weeks when I only get paid for 40. Obviously I don't want the BCPNP to know this so I sent them an email just enquiring about changing jobs. This is what they replied:

The BC PNP nomination is employer specific. If you decide to accept an employment offer from another employer before you receive your PR, you must notify us and submit the new employer’s information and your new employment offer. Your new employer should also be willing to support your BC PNP application.
We will take a look at the information provided and decide whether to continue supporting your nomination. You would also need to obtain a new work permit to be able to work for your new employer.

My husband's company is williing to support our application and my husband is a General Manager, just like me. That way I could get the open work permit instead.

Has anyone been through the same experiences?

Thanks in advance!