Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied to Vegreville Recently?

Wikiposts

Has anyone applied to Vegreville Recently?

Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Stig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone applied to Vegreville Recently?

Hi All,

I applied for PR, sponsored by my Wife, from within Canada back in November, and haven't heard anything since... Is this normal? Don't they usually send something acknowledging receipt of the application?
Has anyone else appled to Vegreville recently?

Thanks...
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone applied to Vegreville Recently?

It is normal. You won't hear anything from Vegreville for at least 5 - 8 or so months, after they are ready to process the case. There is no AOR, nothing. Vegreville is using one step process for inland sponsorship cases and they don't even open the package until ready to process.

Originally Posted by Stig
Hi All,

I applied for PR, sponsored by my Wife, from within Canada back in November, and haven't heard anything since... Is this normal? Don't they usually send something acknowledging receipt of the application?
Has anyone else appled to Vegreville recently?

Thanks...
Old Jan 12th 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew, I was starting to get a little worried. 'Spose I should work on my patience skills for a few months.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Has anyone applied to Vegreville Recently?

Thanks Andrew, I was starting to get a little worried. 'Spose I should work on my patience skills for a few months.
Good Luck with your process, i am going to BC next month to visit my fiance, hopefully marry and start the process of inland spouse visa. Can be a bit confusing with the do's and don'ts.?
Patience will be needed and i will need to find them too ~
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

P.S. i don't even know where vegreville is ...she mumbles as reaching for a canadian map *G*
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Best of luck with your Immigration adventure too...
It has taken us over a year after we got married before we got all the required documentation together, so that we could submit our application!

It took 6 months before we even got our Marriage certificate! (3 Months before we could even apply for it, then another 3 months for them to photocopy the form which My wife and I had originally filled in before we got married, and send it back to us)
I kept on getting all the forms filled in, and discovering there was something else we needed, so spending another few weeks looking for whatever it was I was missing... Then they would have changed the forms on me, so I would have to do the forms again, discover there was something else I needed... repeat.

At least I have got the thing submitted now, time to hurry up and wait.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Cool Re: Has anyone applied to Vegreville Recently?

Best of luck with your Immigration adventure too...
It has taken us over a year after we got married before we got all the required documentation together, so that we could submit our application!

It took 6 months before we even got our Marriage certificate! (3 Months before we could even apply for it, then another 3 months for them to photocopy the form which My wife and I had originally filled in before we got married, and send it back to us)
I kept on getting all the forms filled in, and discovering there was something else we needed, so spending another few weeks looking for whatever it was I was missing... Then they would have changed the forms on me, so I would have to do the forms again, discover there was something else I needed... repeat.

At least I have got the thing submitted now, time to hurry up and wait.
OMGoddess..3 months before you could apply for your marraige certificate! WOW~...we will be married in British Columbia. I was hoping to be able to get it staright away so i could change my name and open bank accounts with new hubby etc...change my passport name etc..then apply...didn't think it would take that long...hmmm
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Chris Geisel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
OMGoddess..3 months before you could apply for your marraige certificate! WOW~...we will be married in British Columbia. I was hoping to be able to get it staright away so i could change my name and open bank accounts with new hubby etc...change my passport name etc..then apply...didn't think it would take that long...hmmm
I was recently married in BC and the marriage commissioner told my wife and I we could expect about a 30 day wait for the certificate, possibly longer due to the fact that we were married over the holidays. Once I receive mine I'd be happy to let you know how long it ended up taking.

Cheers,

Chris
Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chris Geisel
I was recently married in BC and the marriage commissioner told my wife and I we could expect about a 30 day wait for the certificate, possibly longer due to the fact that we were married over the holidays. Once I receive mine I'd be happy to let you know how long it ended up taking.

Cheers,

Chris
I should have moved to BC! Everything seems to take forever in Ontario.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Chris Geisel is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I'd forgotten I promised to provide an update to this. After we were married, my wife and I waited about 30 days before we got our marriage certificate--however we had to bug the marriage commissioner, and it distinctly seemed as though the office had forgotten to send it to us. After she bugged them, we recieved it a few days later.

I hope that is helpful.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
P.S. i don't even know where vegreville is ...she mumbles as reaching for a canadian map *G*
Look just east of Edmonton, Alberta Great pyrogies, cabbage rolls and one GIGANTIC easter egg. See http://www.bigthings.ca/alberta/vegreville.html
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road

Vegreville received mp application on Sept 27th 2004 and I only just received a letter that they had notified the MRCI to send me an application for CSQ and to sponsor applicants for Quebec.

Just hang in there, good things come to those who wait.

MarkS
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Geisel
Sorry, I'd forgotten I promised to provide an update to this. After we were married, my wife and I waited about 30 days before we got our marriage certificate--however we had to bug the marriage commissioner, and it distinctly seemed as though the office had forgotten to send it to us. After she bugged them, we recieved it a few days later.

I hope that is helpful.
THANKYOU Chris..this is very helpful..*VBS*~