Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Had Medicals..Heart Murmur and irregular pulse

Had Medicals..Heart Murmur and irregular pulse

Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Had Medicals..Heart Murmur and irregular pulse

Hi
We had our medicals yesterday in London...and they have found that my pulse is irregular and that I have a heart murmur. So I have to have an Echocardiogram (Echo) to rule out anything sinister. Sleepless night last night. Been to see my GP and have bloods arranged for tomorrow, an ECG for Friday and waiting for a referral for the 'Echo'.

Anyone found themselves in a similar position...would love some advice right now. My irregular pulse, I think is normal 'FOR ME' and think it has been there for a long time....good Blood pressure etc...no problems....GULP!

Stef
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Had Medicals..Heart Murmur and irregular pulse

Stef, there have been threads on heart murmur before, I think - maybe try search?

I've always had one... our meds were taken in Aug and still nothing heard lol... I'm waiting for the 'more info please' letter...

Try and stay calm (easier said than done) - the last thing you want is sky high bp on top of everything else. Relaaaaax. I'm sure most others had a few eaxtra tests to rule out anything serious (read - expensive(!)) but don't remember anyone being turned down as a result on here.

Fingers crossed for you.
Dx
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I was given a letter to take to my GP, so I suppose at least I do not have to wait for one to drop on the mat.

Thank you for your kind words...I am still reeling from the shock of it all.
DMP has only asked for an Echo....but my GP is also giving them full bloods to include Cholesterol and an ECG. I suppose better to give them more than they think they need. Bloods and ECG being done this week...if the Echo looks like being a long wait...I will go private
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by debbiem
Stef, there have been threads on heart murmur before, I think - maybe try search?

I've always had one... our meds were taken in Aug and still nothing heard lol... I'm waiting for the 'more info please' letter...

Try and stay calm (easier said than done) - the last thing you want is sky high bp on top of everything else. Relaaaaax. I'm sure most others had a few eaxtra tests to rule out anything serious (read - expensive(!)) but don't remember anyone being turned down as a result on here.

Fingers crossed for you.
Dx
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stef
I'm sure it can be sorted and have several posts from others in a similar position. I'm sure forum member Jet747 will be happy to share his recent experience with you.
All the best Stef

regards
Joinerboy
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

JoanS is on a distinguished road

Hi Stef

Dont know if its of any help but I have a heart murmur, hypertension and am overweight, with other medical problems too. Our dmp requested a letter from our GP about all of these things. About my heart murmur she wrote ( our GP ) along the lines of "septal hypertrophy and mitral regurgitation and mild TR" ???? whatever that is. That was after I had the echocardiogram. Our dmp was not a pleasant person at all so you can imagine how worried I was about him sending all of this to CIC. Guess what though..... we got our residency!!!!!! So please dont despair because a heart murmur isn't that much of a problem anyway and if they can accept me with that and other problems I'm sure you will be ok. Good luck!!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Try not to worry too much. I have a heart murmur and had to have extra tests. I got my PR and I was just as worried as you. Once you have the test back and they are ok, you should have nothing to worry about. CIC only want to know that you are not going to cost them $$$$$ when you get to canada. If you have managed all this time and you knew you a murmur, you will be fine. I hope that is some assurance for you.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stef

So sorry to hear about your medicals after the hurdles you have had to jump through. On a positive note, the extra tests will confirm you're fit and healthy and ready for your new life in Canada. After the wait you've had a few extra weeks will be a walk in the park for you.

Goodluck and I sincerely hope you achieve your PR very soon.

Poppit
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Everyone

Oh thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and for all the good wishes. After all we have been through....did I really think that there would be no more ripples on the pond? YEP! sure did...but as you all rightly say....another hurdle.

On a lighter note....all the hassle has probably given me the murmur!!!!!
lol
Stef
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:29 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear about your health hassles... you are probably right, the whole process is enough to give anyone high blood pressure and heart probs. It's probably a very clever way of weeding us out..... Try not to worry, some other folk have been quite reassuring about thier medicals.
Good luck and keep us posted
Lorna
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:47 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
We had our medicals yesterday in London...and they have found that my pulse is irregular and that I have a heart murmur. So I have to have an Echocardiogram (Echo) to rule out anything sinister. Sleepless night last night. Been to see my GP and have bloods arranged for tomorrow, an ECG for Friday and waiting for a referral for the 'Echo'.

Anyone found themselves in a similar position...would love some advice right now. My irregular pulse, I think is normal 'FOR ME' and think it has been there for a long time....good Blood pressure etc...no problems....GULP!

Stef
OMG I did not realise you were in the same boat medical wise....I hope we both get a positive outcome. Good luck!

Charlie
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:23 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say good luck with getting everything sorted. have been reading your posts with interest and I know this must be the last thing you need.

Best of luck
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you
Yes the last thing we need. We do not plan to land until July 2010, but do have a house build on hold until the end of January. We will be able to redate, but it may cost us more money. The builder would not be able to start the build until around March time as the ground will be too hard...possibly.
lol
Stef
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well not the same boat....but one very similar...with all the resultant worries and fears
I do wish you good luck with yours too
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by purple80
OMG I did not realise you were in the same boat medical wise....I hope we both get a positive outcome. Good luck!

Charlie
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck to you all with your medicals, I am sure everything will eventually turn out just fine.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We has medicals back in early September. everything appeared to be ok but I know that my blood pressure was up, although more due to white coat syndrome.

However in October CIC medical division got back and said that they required an ECG and Echocardiogram. I completed this back 2 weeks ago.

The ECG these days is 30 secs if that, and you can get it done with the GP - saves the £40 approx private health charge. The Echocardiogram took around 20-30 mins. Your top off and a gel applied to your chest (no need to shave for men) and lie mostly on your side. The consultant then moves the instrument over certain regions of your chest. The last part you lie on your back and he presses the inst. by your throat and also in your sternum. I didn't see the images on the screen but you can hear sucking noises, which is the heart pumping.

He told me to be at ease, but could see that I was anxious. However, all went fine and is clear. Just waiting now for CIC - although my DMP will only get the report to send this week as she works 1 day a week.

To me knowing that my heart is good makes me happy in myself. How many people are walking around and collapse suddenly due to a heart defect that they know nothing about. You see fairground rides which say don't go on if you have a heart condition - - how many people really know ?

At least the positive thing for you will be that your health is known and you can get treatment for any conditions and live a healthy life. That to me is just as important as obtaining the Residency.

Hope all goes well and your echo is fine.

JET

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.