Gutted..any advice?!

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:37 am
Just Joined

dayvt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gutted..any advice?!

Dear Sir:

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on October 13th 2009.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28, 2008. These instructions specify that only applicants who have an offer of Arranged Employment, applicants who are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student, or applicants who have work experience in certain listed occupations are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

You have not indicated in your application that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or that you are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student. Your application has therefore been assessed on the basis of whether you have work experience in the list of occupations eligible for processing. These occupations are identified by codes and described in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You may access the list of eligible occupations at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 0111, occupation – Investment Banker, Corporate Banking, Business Banking, Retail Banking. Although this NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008, the main duties that you have listed do not indicate that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. As such, I am not satisfied that your experience corresponds to NOC 0111- Financial Managers.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form (Imm5620) authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Since your application is not eligible for processing, the credit card was NOT charged and no charges will appear on your credit card statement.

If you submitted original supporting documents, these are being returned to you by mail.

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more about your options, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:59 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gutted..any advice?!

I have no advice, just wanted to say I am so sorry.

I hope someone comes along soon who can help.

Good luck
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhm, did you not read the eligibility criteria before you applied?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by dayvt
Dear Sir:

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class on October 13th 2009.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28, 2008. These instructions specify that only applicants who have an offer of Arranged Employment, applicants who are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student, or applicants who have work experience in certain listed occupations are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

You have not indicated in your application that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or that you are legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an International Student. Your application has therefore been assessed on the basis of whether you have work experience in the list of occupations eligible for processing. These occupations are identified by codes and described in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You may access the list of eligible occupations at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC code: 0111, occupation – Investment Banker, Corporate Banking, Business Banking, Retail Banking. Although this NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the instructions identified by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on 28 November 2008, the main duties that you have listed do not indicate that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties. As such, I am not satisfied that your experience corresponds to NOC 0111- Financial Managers.

For the reasons outlined above, your application does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form (Imm5620) authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Since your application is not eligible for processing, the credit card was NOT charged and no charges will appear on your credit card statement.

If you submitted original supporting documents, these are being returned to you by mail.

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more about your options, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sorry to hear that.

Can you not re-submit trying to fit your experience closer to the criteria they want, don't get me wrong i'm not in any way suggesting to exaggerate/lie but there maybe something you can do to better explain your main duties and how they compare to the required duties listed under NOC 0111. It's a tough one, you don't want to say you have performed all the main duties word for word at it looks a bit dubious, maybe you went too far the other way?

We had the same kind of thing in that the duties performed do fit into NOC 0111 although we re-worded somewhat so as not to look like we were attempting to cheat in anyway. Once submitted i was asking myself (and still am) have i gone into enough detail etc etc, will a non finance person understand how what I've written relates to a specific duty as listed under NOC code? Anyway our card has been charged although no 120 day letter as yet, not sure if this is a good thing or bad!!

Good luck.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Having been in a simlar situation, I'm gutted for you. It's truley the worst feeling to get that letter.

My advise is to never give up on your dream, it's an old cliche, but where there's a will there's a way.....

Luckily for you, they didn't take your processing fee...I'm wondering why they chose not to, yet they took ours?

When you applied did you look up the relevent noc code and 'tailor' your experience on the application form? Maybe the processing agent didn't understand or couldn't relate to what you put on the form?

Last edited by spaceace; Dec 22nd 2009 at 1:27 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

dayvt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spaceace
Having been in a simlar situation, I'm gutted for you. It's truley the worst feeling to get that letter.

My advise is to never give up on your dream, it's an old cliche, but where there's a will there's a way.....

Luckily for you, they didn't take your processing fee...I'm wondering why they chose not to, yet they took ours?

When you applied did you look up the relevent noc code and 'tailor' your experience on the application form? Maybe the processing agent didn't understand or couldn't relate to what you put on the form?
I didn't tailor my experience. I think i will put more research into it an apply again!

Thanks to all for your comments. Thankfully it hasnt cost me anything so i can only try again!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't tailor my experience. I think i will put more research into it an apply again!

Thanks to all for your comments. Thankfully it hasnt cost me anything so i can only try again!
Yes, thats what I would do.

Bonne Chance!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:46 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck hun - although there are worse placed to bide than beautiful Edinburgh
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Take it they don't keep a record and you are entitled to re-apply, i see no reason why not.

Best of luck to you.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:07 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Good luck hun - although there are worse placed to bide than beautiful Edinburgh
Not many
Originally Posted by jericho
Uhm, did you not read the eligibility criteria before you applied?
You're sympathy is underwhelming,

be careful or you'll soon be as 'bad' as me
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:17 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to make sure your job is just like the noc code..............
They are turning applications down for not even ticking a box or writing a date in a box.............
If the forms are hard or you are struggling that is why there is immagration consultants, your next attempt needs to be perfect
Other poster if your payment has been taken the application has passed first base, fingers crossed for you
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
They are turning applications down for not even ticking a box or writing a date in a box.............
If the forms are hard or you are struggling that is why there is immagration consultants, your next attempt needs to be perfect
Other poster if your payment has been taken the application has passed first base, fingers crossed for you
I think at the moment, they will have any excuse to turn you down. Like some of the other members on here I would have a look at the NOC code and literally write your job duties to match them - use a separate sheet if necessary.

I wouldn't get too disheartened. Our application got returned at the first go, but we got through after reapplying (just waiting to send in full documents in the new year).

bib
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
I would say this is bad idea.

See section G here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob120.asp
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 4:41 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
I would say this is bad idea.

See section G here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob120.asp
I think you took it that LB meant what she said literally, I'm sure she did NOT mean to take it verbatim. I'm also sure the OP has enough intelligence to 'tailor' his application to match the NOC job description, rather than just rewrite what he sees.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I think you took it that LB meant what she said literally, I'm sure she did NOT mean to take it verbatim. I'm also sure the OP has enough intelligence to 'tailor' his application to match the NOC job description, rather than just rewrite what he sees.
Yes, you are right. I can see now how verbatim and 'just like' are completely different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.