Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Got It - Thank God and thank you all.

Got It - Thank God and thank you all.

Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:47 am
Just Joined

samoji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got It - Thank God and thank you all.

Yesterday, I finally got my Immigrant Visa (skilled worker - Dec. 2001 applicant) and my COPR and I can't but express my profound gratitude to God Almighty - Whose grace and strength saw me through the waiting period and all the decision making processes.

I will also like to express my sincere appreciation to all those who contributed and still continue to contibute, in all measures, to this wonderful site especially the experts: Mr. Miller, Metcalfe and Humphries etc. I am indeed so grateful to you all for your time (despite your tight schedules) and wisdom. May God in His infinite mercies continue to bless you all and increase you in so many ways - Amen.

To those whose application is still in processing, I wish you all the very best. Its sure always gonna be a rather anxious wait all through but believe me that the best thing to do is to be patient, leave the processing to God and concentrate all your other effort and time on other pressing issues....it sure will be well.

I do plan to land next week at one of the border towns and I am believing God that it will all go smoothly - Amen.

For those who may be interested in my timeline, here is a summary:

Applied: Dec. 2001

AOR: February 2002

Assessment Recv'd: 03 February 2003 (Asked to wait for 6 months to do medicals, Additional Documents: RCMP security clearance based on fingerprint, last 3 month Bank statements)

Medicals sent: 02 June 2003.

Medicals entered into Buffalo site: June 17th 2003.

Passport Request: 23rd of September 2003.

Passport sent by Fedex Express: 24th September 2003.

Passport stamped: 1st of October 2003.

Passport sent with Visa and COPR: 10th October 2003.

(Almost 2 yrs from application to receipt of Visa and landing papers)

I hope these information help others.

NB: I would appreciate any one who just landing and received PR card to please share timeline. I have been living in Canada (Alberta) for past 2 yrs and would love to pay a quick visit to my folks out of Canada (non-visa waiver country) sometimes in December.

Thank you all once again and God Bless.