Got SIN and PR card!

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

madhusivan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Got SIN and PR card!

Hi all,

1) We applied for SIN the next day (July 12th) after landing in Winnipeg, MB. Since my husband had a job offer his application was processed on an emergency basis and we were asked to call a toll free no. on July 14th to get the number. We called the no. and the SIN was given over phone itself. We did not have a permanent address when we landed, so we gave the hotel address in both our applications. We were informed that my husband's SIN card will be sent to the hotel address and we can collect it from there. So we collected the card from the hotel the next week.

We found an apartment on July 15th and updated the address for my application, so that the card can be sent to our residence instead the hotel. But I did not receive the card, so this morning we called the toll free no. and found that the card had been posted on July 26th itself to the hotel address. They asked us to check up with the hotel and had they returned it back, we can call the SIN office again and a new card will be posted to our residence. We called the hotel ane we were informed that they are in possession of the letter. We will have to go and collect it today.

2) As for the PR card, the immigration official in the aiport asked us to apply for it after getting a permanent address. So we applied for it on July 18th. My husband received his card on Aug 17th and I got my card on Aug 18th.

Thank you
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got SIN and PR card!

so it took exactly one month to receive PR Card. May be immigration and HR Dept in MB does'nt have that much work load. Boy , in Ontario its taking long.I applied for SIN and PR Card on 28th July and still waiting....

Congratulations...

P.S: The number you called is a general HRDC 800 number ?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

bmido is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi & congratulations!

Did you have to present a work permit (or else) to get the SIN processed on an emergency basis? I got calls from an employment agency asking for my availability to work but I am still waiting for my work permit before I can apply for SIN.

Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:13 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madhusivan
Hi all,

1) We applied for SIN the next day (July 12th) after landing in Winnipeg, MB. Since my husband had a job offer his application was processed on an emergency basis and we were asked to call a toll free no. on July 14th to get the number. We called the no. and the SIN was given over phone itself. We did not have a permanent address when we landed, so we gave the hotel address in both our applications. We were informed that my husband's SIN card will be sent to the hotel address and we can collect it from there. So we collected the card from the hotel the next week.

We found an apartment on July 15th and updated the address for my application, so that the card can be sent to our residence instead the hotel. But I did not receive the card, so this morning we called the toll free no. and found that the card had been posted on July 26th itself to the hotel address. They asked us to check up with the hotel and had they returned it back, we can call the SIN office again and a new card will be posted to our residence. We called the hotel ane we were informed that they are in possession of the letter. We will have to go and collect it today.

2) As for the PR card, the immigration official in the aiport asked us to apply for it after getting a permanent address. So we applied for it on July 18th. My husband received his card on Aug 17th and I got my card on Aug 18th.

Thank you
Congratulations!!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!! You're official now
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bmido
Hi & congratulations!

Did you have to present a work permit (or else) to get the SIN processed on an emergency basis? I got calls from an employment agency asking for my availability to work but I am still waiting for my work permit before I can apply for SIN.

Thanks
Hi all,

Just to speculate, You should have a carbon copy of your Landing documents, you need this to prove you are a PR whilst you wait for the PR card and use this document to apply for your SIN number which once phoned up a few day later you can get it over the phone

so with your number and your Landing document that is enough for your employer to employ you whilst you wait for your cards!!

Matty266
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi & congratulations!

Thanks
Sorry for the delay in reply. I've not checked the forum for quite a long time.

We had the job offer letter from the employer with us and asked whether the official wanted to look at it. She told that it was necessary, they just believe if we tell that we have a job offer. She just took the application and took a look at the COPR.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orazone
so it took exactly one month to receive PR Card. May be immigration and HR Dept in MB does'nt have that much work load. Boy , in Ontario its taking long.I applied for SIN and PR Card on 28th July and still waiting....

Congratulations...

P.S: The number you called is a general HRDC 800 number ?

Hi,

Yes it was the 800 number.

Madhusivan
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for the delay in reply. I've not checked the forum for quite a long time.
We had the job offer letter from the employer with us and asked whether the official wanted to look at it. She told that it was necessary, they just believe if we tell that we have a job offer. She just took the application and took a look at the COPR.
Best of luck.
Thank you for your info. I am so looking forward to get back to work so I am trying to minimize the 'period of waiting' . At the moment I'm still waiting for WP, which I expect to get at the same time as AIP.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

i tried to call their 800 number today and sounds like they dont accept calls from outside Canada.
5th week is in progress, probably will wait for 10 more days and if i dont hear anything from them ..... will ask my Canada based cousin to call them.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your info. I am so looking forward to get back to work so I am trying to minimize the 'period of waiting' . At the moment I'm still waiting for WP, which I expect to get at the same time as AIP.
Hi bmido,

I'm sorry. There is a typographical error in my previous reply. I meant to say that the official did not ask for the the job offer. ("not" is missing in my previous reply) She just took our words.

Thank you.

Madhusivan
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orazone
i tried to call their 800 number today and sounds like they dont accept calls from outside Canada.
5th week is in progress, probably will wait for 10 more days and if i dont hear anything from them ..... will ask my Canada based cousin to call them.
Hi orazone,

I don't have info. w.r.t calling from outside Canada. Hope you will get it soon. All the best.

Madhusivan.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:21 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi orazone,

I don't have info. w.r.t calling from outside Canada. Hope you will get it soon. All the best.

Madhusivan.
You cannot call that 800 number from outside of canada!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi bmido,

I'm sorry. There is a typographical error in my previous reply. I meant to say that the official did not ask for the the job offer. ("not" is missing in my previous reply) She just took our words.

Thank you.

Madhusivan
No problem. I understood what you meant.