Got Pr At Last - Timeline

Old Mar 21st 2003, 10:33 pm
Got My PR Card!

blaggers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got Pr At Last - Timeline

Applied for PR as spouse of a Canadian within Canada, married my wife November 9 2001 - Here is my e-client Timeline.

-We received your application for permanent residence on February 15, 2002.

-We started processing your application on February 25, 2002.

-Medical results have been received.

-We returned your application with a letter on March 05, 2002. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. (I missed one signature block, doh)

I heard nothing and the phone line was no help so I faxed a letter of complaint to CIC. I received a reply within a week.

-We sent you a letter on September 12, 2002 about the decision on your application.

-We sent you a letter on November 15, 2002 to about approval in principle for you to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.

-You entered Canada at the Citizenship & Immigration, Scarborough office on March 10, 2003 and became a Permanent Resident.

When I reported Scarborough Town Centre for my interview, I was ushered to a large room (looked like a court) full of many people (35 or so) and we were all processed one at a time by 3 immigration officers. Seemed a bit of an anti climax - no "welcome to Canada or anything". I'll go for citizenship in 2 years.

Good luck to the rest of you.