Got It Now Can I Celebrate

Old Dec 19th 2004, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jaynie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got It Now Can I Celebrate

HI FOLKS,
I think i can celebrate now just found some paperwork from the courts from 1993.

A Section says...
it was ordered on this day that the application by Mr ....... for Parental Responsibility be refused.

I have also found a summary of the above from the solicitors re itterating the fact he did not get parental responsibility.

I have found this on the web....
Parental Responsibility - sections 3 and 4 Children Act 1989
Parental responsibility means all the rights, duties, powers, responsibilities and authority, which by law a parent of a child has in relation to the child and his property.
The birth mother of a child will always have parental responsibility unless it is extinguished by the making of an adoption order to another person or an order freeing the child for adoption.
Where the child's father and mother are married to each other at the time of the birth, they both have parental responsibility for the child.
Where the child's mother and father are not married to each other at the time of the birth the general rule is that the mother has sole parental responsibility for the child. However, if a child's birth is registered or re-registered from 1 December 2003 and the unmarried father is named on the Register, this also gives him parental responsibility.
Other ways in which a father can obtain parental responsibility are by:
a) drawing up an agreement with the mother (a parental responsibility agreement), which is a specific form that has to be signed by both parents and lodged with the court;
b) marrying the mother; or
c) the court making a parental responsibility order if the parents cannot agree on the father having parental responsibility.
More than one person can have parental responsibility for the same child at the same time. Parental responsibility is shared between everyone, but individuals can act alone and without the others in meeting responsibilities to safeguard and protect the child.

and

Residence Orders - section 8 Children Act 1989
These orders decide where the child is to live and with whom. The granting of a residence order to someone automatically gives him or her parental responsibility for the child if they do not already have it. Parental responsibility obtained as a result of a residence order will continue until the order ceases.
A residence order lasts until the child is 16 unless the circumstances of the case are exceptional and the court has ordered that it continue for longer.
A residence order can be granted to more than one person and can be made jointly to an unmarried couple.
A residence order prevents anyone changing the surname of or removing from the UK (for more than 1 month) any child who is the subject of the order without the agreement of everyone with parental responsibility or an order of the court.

BUT BEEN AS HE HASN'T GOT IT I DONT HAVE TO ASK PERMISSION.

Sorry to bore you all but if i send all of this will it work, when my son had a new passport this is all they ast for and he got the pasport. He is really worried that it could all spoil his dream aswell as ours.

I would like to tell him its all sorted, a unhappy 13 year old is not nice to see.

Thank you for any help you,v given or are about to give it is very much appreciated.

Jaynie