Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

got landed papers but baby born after that!

got landed papers but baby born after that!

Old Jan 11th 2002, 8:56 pm
Mintu

Hi everybody,

I need your advise in this matter. my wife applied for immigration to canada in july,
01. had her medicals in oct, 01. she was pregnant then... it was mentioned in the
medicals and also gave a call to buffalo consulate to let them know of the situation.
she gave birth to baby boy on jan 6, 02 and yesterday she got her landing papers.
what should we do now? since baby is US citizen, can she land in canada with her baby
and then apply for the immigration of child inland ? please let me know?

thanks in advance.

mintu

Old Jan 12th 2002, 12:40 am
Berto Volpentesta

You can send back the visas and ask for the child to be added.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 12th 2002, 1:28 am
Stephen C. Gallagher

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

She absolutely cannot land in Canada. She must return her visa and contact the visa
office, letting them know that her baby has been born. They will advise her about
what to do to add the baby to the application.

Stephen Gallagher

Old Jan 12th 2002, 11:38 am
Worldly Wise

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
I would be curious to know whether X-rays were done during pregnancy(it may harm the
baby). In my case, they weren't. So the medical process was completed only after the
baby was born. We then informed our lawyer who did what was necessary.

Old Jan 12th 2002, 6:16 pm
Mintu

Yes she was into her 7th month when x rays were performed. Only thing was doctors
took extra measure so as not to harm the baby.

She called the consulate on oct 12, 01 regarding her pregnancy and due date of on jan
1. 02. The landed papers were issued on dec 14, 01 despite the fact. I am confused as
to why it was done. I feel it is JOB DONE WRONG by whoever has issued the visa.

As per guidelines I have to repeat the process again right from start.. meaning i
have to apply to cic in here in canada and pay the fees again for no fault of
mine..which doesn't make any sense.

I was wondering why visa officer send her the visa ? hope its not delibrate.

please suggest me what should i do. i don't want to pay the hard earned money again
for the same process. more over my wife has to put up with lot of stuff without me.

thanks in advance

"Worldly wise" <[email protected]>

[usenetquote2]> > Hi everybody,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I need your advise in this matter. my wife applied for immigration to canada in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > july, 01. had her medicals in oct, 01. she was pregnant then... it was mentioned[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in the medicals[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 17th 2002, 1:04 am
Ron Beirnes

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Mintu: The visas are not valid as her personal circumstances have changed. This is
not uncommon, what you have to do is send the visas back with and ask that the child
be processed with your application, you must send in the fees $100 and a copy of a
valid passport and they will issue medical instructions. I have just completed the
same thing for a case from HK and it took the visa office a total of 4 months to
complete the formalities. Ron Beirnes
R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville St. Vancouver, BC V6E 4A6
Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] Webb page
http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal

Old Dec 26th 2002, 3:52 am
Just Joined

CanImm is an unknown quantity at this point

Will you please let us know, what did you guys do to solve this problem finally?. Most probably, I may land in the same situation. My wife is pregnant and due early next month, and Iam expecting the landing papers very soon. What should we do, If my wife is delivered and mean- while we recieve the Landing papers?.
Old Dec 26th 2002, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Stupid guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys all those who are about to givve birth in the near 2-3 months might as well req CIC to put your process on HOLD ! tilll baby is born, to avoid a sitiuation of landing papers and baby arriving at the same time.
Is that so difficult to plan?

One would think the CIC would have a track of application in process that have a baby due ..but no hell !! they dont know it is due in 9 months..!!!