got it :)

Old Jul 6th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got it :)

I’m pleased to announced that it is my turn to say “Got it!� Our passport request arrived yesterday and I am traveling to Buffalo tonight to have it stamped in the morning.

Here’s our timeline:
(Skilled Worker, myself and common-law partner, US citizens)
Applied: May 04
AOR: June 04
IA: Feb 05
Meds: Feb 05
Additional Docs Sent: March 05
Additional Meds Sent: May 05
Passport request: July 05
Landing: July 9, 05, Peace Arch / Vancouver

I wish to express my gratitude for the efforts made by our consultant, Andrew Miller, on behalf. His timely advice on all sorts of matters was greatly appreciated by us, and I am certain that his expert preparation of our case prevented unnecessary delays from occurring.

Cheers,

Jerry
Old Jul 6th 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: got it :)

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
I’m pleased to announced that it is my turn to say “Got it!� Our passport request arrived yesterday and I am traveling to Buffalo tonight to have it stamped in the morning.

Here’s our timeline:

I wish to express my gratitude for the efforts made by our consultant, Andrew Miller, on behalf. His timely advice on all sorts of matters was greatly appreciated by us, and I am certain that his expert preparation of our case prevented unnecessary delays from occurring.

Cheers,

Jerry

Man!!! let me be the first one to congratulate with you!!! Isn't that a nice feeling???
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:37 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Here’s our timeline:

Cheers,

Jerry
Congrats mate!!!!
good luck for ur future!!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:58 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, a quick one indeed !

Enjoy, go do the PR happy dance

Rich.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:14 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Congrats, a quick one indeed !

Enjoy, go do the PR happy dance

Rich.
Smile
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:45 pm
Finally it happened

pattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura about

Here’s our timeline:

Cheers,

Jerry
Congrats Jerry.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

sharon2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has applied for me and I'm still waiting for my interview.
Does it take 2-3 years cuz I'm getting so tired of this now.
Please respond.

We received the application on June 23, 2004. Thank you.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2004 about the decision on your application.

We started processing your application on August 12, 2004.

We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on February 10, 2005. The Los Angeles office may contact you.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 6:17 am
Just Joined

p177772005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sharon2005
My husband has applied for me and I'm still waiting for my interview.
Does it take 2-3 years cuz I'm getting so tired of this now.
Please respond.

We received the application on June 23, 2004. Thank you.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2004 about the decision on your application.

We started processing your application on August 12, 2004.

We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on February 10, 2005. The Los Angeles office may contact you.

Hi Sharon, I understand what you are going through at the moment. I was having the same problem about 2 months ago. It's really frustrating when you can't make any plans nor live your live your life to full. There is something I'd like to share with you. Lots of applicants don't understand the time line given by CIC, including me and my partner. We were told by CHC, Sydney that for outside Canada applications under family category, they take approx. 6 months. What we didn't understand is time to get Sponsorship approval and CSQ is actually additional time and it's not included in those 6 months. We got sponsorship approval in 2 months and CSQ took another 2 months. And we got interview letter in next 4 and a half month. Interview date was one month after. Got the visa after the interview very quickly. So, at CHC, Sydney, it took 6 months as they already said. You need to look into your AOR and see how much time they require in your respective CHC and add the time taken by sponsorship approval. You'll get something near by that date.

And be positive. You can also apply for CAIPS to see why there is an interview.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:41 am
Just Joined

sharon2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

how do I apply for CAIPS?

Originally Posted by p177772005
Hi Sharon, I understand what you are going through at the moment. I was having the same problem about 2 months ago. It's really frustrating when you can't make any plans nor live your live your life to full. There is something I'd like to share with you. Lots of applicants don't understand the time line given by CIC, including me and my partner. We were told by CHC, Sydney that for outside Canada applications under family category, they take approx. 6 months. What we didn't understand is time to get Sponsorship approval and CSQ is actually additional time and it's not included in those 6 months. We got sponsorship approval in 2 months and CSQ took another 2 months. And we got interview letter in next 4 and a half month. Interview date was one month after. Got the visa after the interview very quickly. So, at CHC, Sydney, it took 6 months as they already said. You need to look into your AOR and see how much time they require in your respective CHC and add the time taken by sponsorship approval. You'll get something near by that date.

And be positive. You can also apply for CAIPS to see why there is an interview.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:04 am
Just Joined

p177772005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sharon2005
how do I apply for CAIPS?
To get CAIPS you need to be either a Canadian citizen or be in Canada. From your post looks like that you are in US at the moment, so if your husband is in Canada he can apply for it on our behalf. You will need to sign a form to release the information to him after which he can apply for you. If you both are in US, then you can go to this website: www.caips.ca

They charge 45 Canadian dollars for that and you get it in about 4-6 weeks.
If your husband applies for you, directly, fee is 5 Canadian dollars and you will need to sign the following form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...ease-info.html

Once you have signed this form, your husband can send the above form with the following form to CIC:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...m-imm5563.html

Hope that helps
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cashew is on a distinguished road

Hi Jerry,
Congratulations!