Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Going to miss deadline for further documents

Going to miss deadline for further documents

Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

cousinsandra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to miss deadline for further documents

Hello, I'm new here! Me and my family sent our initial IMM0008 off in April 08 when waiting times were very long. We received a letter at the beginning of this year saying we should submit all supporting documents by March 22 due to changes in skilled worker requirements. I'm SO embarrassed to say this but I haven't been able to get all the stuff together in time and it looks like we're going to miss that date. AMongst other things, I only just read that we have to get our own police check as I had been told that you could not do this yourself and completed a form for them to send out! I know, I know, I know that I should have read all this thoroughly, but here I am in the poo, does anyone now if I can get a short extension to that date, or will I have to stop this application and re-apply?
Any advice gratefully and shamefacedly appreciated!

penny
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:58 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to miss deadline for further documents

Hi Penny

I'm afraid I've never heard of any extensions in such deadlines. People get refusal letters pretty quick if they dont provide the information in time, but I hope someone will be along soon with some good news for you.

Good luck.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cousinsandra
Hello, I'm new here! Me and my family sent our initial IMM0008 off in April 08 when waiting times were very long. We received a letter at the beginning of this year saying we should submit all supporting documents by March 22 due to changes in skilled worker requirements. I'm SO embarrassed to say this but I haven't been able to get all the stuff together in time and it looks like we're going to miss that date. AMongst other things, I only just read that we have to get our own police check as I had been told that you could not do this yourself and completed a form for them to send out! I know, I know, I know that I should have read all this thoroughly, but here I am in the poo, does anyone now if I can get a short extension to that date, or will I have to stop this application and re-apply?

penny
I didn't think I would get all my paperwork together in time, so sent CIC an e-mail begging for an extension. There reply said NO WAY but gave the impression that if you sent all you have by that date and then sent the missing bit in ASAP you would be fine - I think you have 15 days or so grace to get the rest in.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I have to agree with the other guys.

My understanding is that they will not issue an extension, but they won't actually look at your file until a couple of weeks after the deadline. The best thing to do is get everything you can to them by the deadline, and then send everything else as soon as you can but no later than two weeks after the deadline. At the point when they look at your file (which could be any time after the deadline) they will make their decision based on what they have.

I would say that if a couple of certificates or contracts are missing, then they may (I say may) give you the benefit of the doubt so long as you explain in the covering letter that you've done everything you can but things outside your control have prevented you getting everything together. However, if police certificates are missing, I'm pretty sure you'll be rejected as these are key.

For the police certificates, you can get them turned around in 2 working days, so if you send of for them today special delivery, and pay for the premium service (£70 each) and then send the pack to CHC special delivery you could still make the 22 March deadline.

So get your skates on and good luck!!!!

Let us know how you get on.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cousinsandra

penny
Hi

sorry to hear your predicament,

I would send what you have as others suggest with a cover letter...you never know at least you could have approx 2 weeks to get everything else to them after your cut off date.

as for the police checks you can pay for the premium service which takes 3 days (from the day they open your request) we got ours back in 15days from posting them with the regular service. dont be fooled into thinking its 3 days from when you send them...cos its from when they open them and start to process them...they told me that when i rang them.!! there have been numerous postings regarding this.

dont let this opportunity slip...there is no harm in trying...send what you can now and the rest asap....

good luck
k
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

cousinsandra is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your responses to this - I am still horrified that I'm going to be late. I've decided to send what I've got (which really is most of it) and send the remaining bits as soon as I get them. After a slightly hysterical call to the embassy (amazingly they returned my call - very admirable!) they confirmed what you had said - you obviously know your subject! So fingers crossed that they won't look on us in too bad a light....