Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

German / Army police certification

German / Army police certification

Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default German / Army police certification

Anyone been through obtaining police certificates for Army personnel stationed in Germany (20 years ago in hubby's case)?

We have written to the MP to get their info, and are now looking at the German police website, which says fill in form, send EUR13. So far so good, but:

1. unsure if we need his signature witnessing by ?who? (mentions German embassy!!), or if sending certified copy eg passport is ok on its own?
2. It also mentions "overauthenticating" - at another EUR13 - is this necessary?
3. Anyone recommend a cheap official German/English translator?!

Thanks all!

Last edited by Kaye5; Jul 6th 2009 at 1:03 pm. Reason: dodgy use of apostrophe, ha ha!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: German / Army police certification

Hi,

you are trying to get a German police certificate for army personnel? I wonder if it's the same as the regular German police certificate?

What I did to get the regular German police cert:

- Wrote letter of intent explaining why I need a police certificate and where to send it
- Wired the 13 EUR and printed proof of this (bank statement showing transaction).
- Attached notarised copy of passport ID page (you can do this at local police stations usually for very little money)
- Filled form with personal information, signed it and also got it notarised at the police station

I attached the bank statement to my letter as well as the copy of my passport and the personal information sheet. They all need to be notarised (except for the bank statement).

It also mentions "overauthenticating" - at another EUR13 - is this necessary?
I don't think this is necessary for Canadian Immigration.

Here's the website, in english:
http://www.bundesjustizamt.de/cln_10.../WohnortA.html

Last edited by kleinluka; Jul 6th 2009 at 2:55 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

what kleinluka said, except if you are currently in the UK the police station won't authenticate passport copies (I had an extremely rude WPC at Aldershot tell me to basically clear off, not her job, and against the rules. And she was chewing gum behind the desk in her uniform...). We used a notary public instead.
I rang the police information line as I was so upset by her attitude, and after about four departments, someone called me back and explained that it is in some way against the rules, so the WPC was right, although they apologised for her appalling attitude. So, don't bother to go to a police station and save your sanity - I literally burst into tears as she was so rude.
Bonn returned the police checks very quickly (well, they did with my husband's. They lost mine and I had to re-apply.)
It was extremely easy, bar the police station visit.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

oh, and we used 'the translation people' in Birmingham.

£72.45 to translate two words - (no trace lol)

a bargain.

i'm sure there are cheaper.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks both. Yes, we tried the local police station and they refused to authorise the personal details!

The website states:

"The personal data and the signature must be officially confirmed. Such official confirmation may be issued by a German diplomatic or consular representation or by a foreign authority or a notary. It is also sufficient to send an officially-certified photocopy of an official personal document (identity card or passport) from which the personal data may be established."

I was hoping to get away with just a certified copy of passport and no need to get notary public to do form as well (I have stash of certified copy passports)!

Thanks for advice re "overauthenticating". Good to know that is not necessary at another EUR13!