GCMS notes/webforms

Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default GCMS notes/webforms

Hi there, coming up on 75% on my processing time (realise its just a time counter) - almost at 4.5 months post AOR.

I've seen comments about GCMS notes on here. but GCMS note queries and webform applications seem to be a lot more common on Canadavisa.com (as does misinformation, broken english and advice to fiddle the system somewhat).

Just looking on there tonight (mainly because they have AOR threads by month, so you get an idea of when people are getting COPR etc) and it would appear a number of people who received AOR a month or so before me have just received their approval notifications through.

Likewise a number of folk with an AOR of around my time have been submitting webforms and getting eligibility updates etc.

My main questions are

1) Are GCMS notes still worth applying for, or are they likely being delayed hugely due to COVID 19 ?

2) if so is there a recommended company to go to request them, since they have to be requested from someone within Canada and whilst I know people in Canada I don't feel like I know them well enough to do that sort of favour for me, plus very few folk know my plans?

3) is the time about right for GCMS notes? the people on canada visa seem to order GCMS notes like I'd order a round of drinks!!

4) is there any value in submitting a webform? they are still being answered pretty promptly looking on there, but wasn't even sure if that was something you should do prior to the 6 month mark (I thought I had seen something saying your application queries wouldn't be answered until after your normal processing times had expired).

I realise travel and other restrictions are in place, but any sort of indication or update would help with working out my finish date with work etc (if emigration was certain, I'd quite happily walk now and go take a job in a supermarket and help protect a colleagues career/wage if they need it as a downturn in work may result in redundancies or furlough).
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GCMS notes/webforms

You can read how to obtain them (the cheaper and reliable way, direct from RCIC) on our wiki post here - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...even_bother.3F (it's for spousal sponsorship but if you know someone in Canada who can apply for you, then potentially you could use it, but you will need to give consent for the information to be released to a 3rd party - which is a form).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ation-act.html

Quite honestly I think it would be a waste of time and effort right now, you are still within your time limits for processing and it's not going to give you an end date.. all it will tell you is at what 'stage' they are at - which you might be able to work out from interactions on MyCIC or by checking eCAS - and with the present situation there are likely to be delays regardless. Spend this time working out what you will bring with you, what you will get rid of.. and read over our 'to do' lists in the wiki
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depar..._(UK_to_Canada)

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 2nd 2020 at 8:56 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You can read how to obtain them (the cheaper and reliable way, direct from RCIC) on our wiki post here -https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#How_do_I_order_case_notes.3 F_Should_I_even_bother.3F (it's for spousal sponsorship but if you know someone in Canada who can apply for you, then potentially you could use it, but you will need to give consent for the information to be released to a 3rd party - which is a form).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ation-act.html

Quite honestly I think it would be a waste of time and effort right now, you are still within your time limits for processing and it's not going to give you an end date.. all it will tell you is at what 'stage' they are at - which you might be able to work out from interactions on MyCIC or by checking eCAS - and with the present situation there are likely to be delays regardless. Spend this time working out what you will bring with you, what you will get rid of.. and read over our 'to do' lists in the wiki
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depar..._(UK_to_Canada)
Thanks - I sort of though it was pretty pointless applying for GCMS notes currently, but they seem to be doing it 10 a penny, but some folk are doing it from 2/3 weeks in. tried eCAS but it doesn't recognise me via application number or UCI number. It's not so much an end date - but seeing eligibility had been passed or the like would be a moral boost at the very least, but would also make me feel compelled to put my hand up should my job be looking for leavers.

Honestly apart from the fact I can't sell stuff easily in the UK currently as its essential travel only, I'm pretty damn prepped and good to go. My life is sorted into 4 sections:

1) coming with me on soft landing trip (clothes, laptop, partner!)

2) coming with me on hard landing. (dogs, a handful more clothes and a small number of household things that are coming with)

3) goods being put in a garage to come over at a later date/be donated to friends/family ( snowboard/ski gear, collection of tools and a mountain bike - the mountain bike only comes if we choose to ship my tools/toolbox over and end up using a pallet/shipping container)

4) the rest of my life thats not coming with me(UK electronics, corded power tools, clothes I never wear, emotional baggage, general stuff) that'll be a facebook marketplace post or 3 and a bit of a fire sale.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 1:46 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
Thanks - I sort of though it was pretty pointless applying for GCMS notes currently, but they seem to be doing it 10 a penny, but some folk are doing it from 2/3 weeks in. tried eCAS but it doesn't recognise me via application number or UCI number. It's not so much an end date - but seeing eligibility had been passed or the like would be a moral boost at the very least, but would also make me feel compelled to put my hand up should my job be looking for leavers.

Honestly apart from the fact I can't sell stuff easily in the UK currently as its essential travel only, I'm pretty damn prepped and good to go. My life is sorted into 4 sections:

1) coming with me on soft landing trip (clothes, laptop, partner!)

2) coming with me on hard landing. (dogs, a handful more clothes and a small number of household things that are coming with)

3) goods being put in a garage to come over at a later date/be donated to friends/family ( snowboard/ski gear, collection of tools and a mountain bike - the mountain bike only comes if we choose to ship my tools/toolbox over and end up using a pallet/shipping container)

4) the rest of my life thats not coming with me(UK electronics, corded power tools, clothes I never wear, emotional baggage, general stuff) that'll be a facebook marketplace post or 3 and a bit of a fire sale.
You could start making your 'goods accompanying' and 'goods to follow' lists. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

By the way, you can bring a bike on the plane with you for around £50 usually. https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Tra...ght-Dimensions (select sporting equipment/bikes) - you can also bring ski gear / snowboard (usually free)

With regards to eCAS - make sure you select as your place of birth England / Ireland / Wales / Scotland and not a generic UK or GB You could also try MyCIC.. (info on how to log in to either can be found here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...All_About_eCAS

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 3rd 2020 at 4:27 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

tomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond reputetomcobb16 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Stumpylegs,

I am also at 75% in my application processing, I used check my account every month but now I check it a few times a week (anything changes an email comes through anyway) but mainly to see how the percentage is coming along! Not long to go now though, just keeping patient! I applied through CEC with EEBC PNP! I hope that the Coronavirus won’t cause huge delays to immigration but it’s understandable that it might take longer now!

All the best,

Tom
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You could start making your 'goods accompanying' and 'goods to follow' lists. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

By the way, you can bring a bike on the plane with you for around £50 usually. https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Tra...ght-Dimensions (select sporting equipment/bikes) - you can also bring ski gear / snowboard (usually free)

With regards to eCAS - make sure you select as your place of birth England / Ireland / Wales / Scotland and not a generic UK or GB You could also try MyCIC.. (info on how to log in to either can be found here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...All_About_eCAS
Thanks - the goods to follow list is already wrote out in a fashion, will just want some lines crossing out as i get more and more brutal

Regards bringing stuff back across. I don't own a bike bag, dont really ever have a need for one, and dont tell her indoors but i sort of want a new bike!! so if there is space on a pallet its going on for free if not I'm not going to spend the money.

That is the plan with ski gear - Air Canada includes "sports equipment" carriage FOC - just not going to bring it with me in July/August and will come across with me later on - it may come on the 2nd trip across with the dogs dependant on how much else is going on and the time of year, if not I think unless we are super settled the other half will be coming back around Christmas time to see her family- so she can take presents and bring back a snowboard bag.

Will give myCIC ago this evening - thanks ones again.