Gaining TWP at Halifax Airport

Old Oct 10th 2021, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Stewie73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gaining TWP at Halifax Airport

Evening all,

So, my TWP has been in since 16th July, last update 27th July (Biometrics) and nothing since then. Was completed online.

Therefore, now borders are open for fully vaccinated travellers, I am thinking of taking all my paperwork that was sent in via the online route, along with proof of funds (not requested as yet or provided) and my UK police report and jumping on a plane next week to sort out my work permit as I need to start getting the business up and running in NS and employing a developer.

Are there any restrictions on time, ie. looking at my flight options, the flight *unless I want to do 2 or more stops* gets in via Air Canada at 2315, would border operatives be there and quite frankly not humpy that they have someone turn up who has a load of paperwork to look through/stamp or go to their online system, and find my application to give it a push?

Should I also have my goods to follow list? Bear in mind, I am going to fly back 4 days later (my return ticket to the UK) to sort out Pickfords for the house, pet travel for Mutley, and then hustle wife and 3 young children to return circa 5 weeks later so that we have a chance of getting a normal-ish Christmas.

Thoughts, please? Is the above realistic ?

Old Oct 10th 2021, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaining TWP at Halifax Airport

Is it a direct flight into Halifax? If not then you would be presenting all documentation at the 1st Canadian airport you arrive in.
Old Oct 11th 2021, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Stewie73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gaining TWP at Halifax Airport

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Is it a direct flight into Halifax? If not then you would be presenting all documentation at the 1st Canadian airport you arrive in.
HI Former Lancastrian

No afraid not, during winter there are no direct flights anymore *previously many years ago it was via St.John but I cant seem to find those either*. If it were summer, WestJet seems to fly from Gatwick to Halifax direct.

We are just so frustrated, and now borders are open that was the plan. So if I flew into Toronto/Montreal for example, I should get an extra-long layover just in case, then hopefully if all is well, continue on to Halifax ?