Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FYI Mr. Miller: Buffalo, Passport and the mysterious medicals

FYI Mr. Miller: Buffalo, Passport and the mysterious medicals

Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Siona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FYI Mr. Miller: Buffalo, Passport and the mysterious medicals

What a great day!!! Just received passport by expresspost litterally 15 minutes ago!!! The delivery woman had just dropped it in the mailbox and was leaving as my husband noticed her.

My timeline is the following:

PP request: Oct. 27th
Sent: Oct 28th
Buffalo received: Nov. 1st
Stamped: Nov. 15th
Returned: Nov. 24th

Another note: medicals were due to expire today but were extended. Have until May 17th to officially land (but will be doing so in the next few weeks). Thanks for your advice Andrew and I hope that this info may help someone else in the same situation.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:05 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FYI Mr. Miller: Buffalo, Passport and the mysterious medicals

Congratulations!!!!

You worried for nothing ...

Originally Posted by Siona
What a great day!!! Just received passport by expresspost litterally 15 minutes ago!!! The delivery woman had just dropped it in the mailbox and was leaving as my husband noticed her.

My timeline is the following:

PP request: Oct. 27th
Sent: Oct 28th
Buffalo received: Nov. 1st
Stamped: Nov. 15th
Returned: Nov. 24th

Another note: medicals were due to expire today but were extended. Have until May 17th to officially land (but will be doing so in the next few weeks). Thanks for your advice Andrew and I hope that this info may help someone else in the same situation.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hi,

can you give me your earlier timeline pls to compare my case with your if you dont mind.

Congrats and Cheers
Old Dec 1st 2004, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point

so does this mean that medical can be extended under certain circumstances?

mine expired in the first week of nov. but for some reason the immig office said they didnt receive my fbi report and i am in the process of sending it. everything else is in place. including interview waiver and right of landing fee. can anyone advise?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:53 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by anxious_glo
so does this mean that medical can be extended under certain circumstances?

mine expired in the first week of nov. but for some reason the immig office said they didnt receive my fbi report and i am in the process of sending it. everything else is in place. including interview waiver and right of landing fee. can anyone advise?
It depends on the office, Buffalo and occassionaly London have been extending medicals for a short period.

PMM
Old Dec 1st 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks pmm,,

my application is at Buffalo. it looks like a month and a half would have lapsed by the time they receive my fbi report (second time). 2 months back, when they asked me to send the fbi reports they didnt mention about the second time medicals or send me any forms... so was just wondering if i wouldnt have to do the medicals again,,,