Future Processing Delays

Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Future Processing Delays

Hi All

Well if you think that processing has been going slowly on your applications, be prepared for a longer wait. CIC has just posted it's proposed settlement on the Rasoizadeh vs MCI
Class Definition:

The class of visa applicants affected by this Notice consists of:

persons who submitted an application seeking an immigrant visa before January 1, 2002, in the skilled worker, self-employed, entrepreneur and investor categories (referred to in subsection 8(1) of the former Immigration Regulations, 1978), excluding provincial nominees and those destined to Quebec:
whose applications had not received a selection decision before April 1, 2003;
whose applications were refused after March 31, 2003 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004;
whose applications were withdrawn on or after January 1, 2002 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004; or
whose applications were refused under the Immigration Act and then referred back by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, or the Supreme Court of Canada, and were awaiting a decision on December 1, 2003; and
all family members, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of persons referred to in (a), above, including family members who were not listed in the application.

There are about 100,000 applicants in this class. The following is the proposed processing of these applications:

3. PROPOSED SETTLEMENT OF THE RASOLZADEH CLASS ACTION:

Pursuant to the Draft Settlement Agreement, all Class Members’ applications seeking immigrant visas will receive a selection decision in accordance with the following timeframes, if the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration decides in April of 2005, to proceed with the Settlement:

those submitted in 1999 or earlier, by February 1, 2006;
those submitted in 2000, by February 1, 2007;
those submitted in 2001, by August 1, 2008.

Take a guess what this going to do to processing times of those applications in the queue

PMM
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Future Processing Delays

How likely is it that the CIC minister will approve the settlement this coming April?

Perhaps it's possible that CIC will simply hire extra temporary workers to handle the backlog; after all, they don't want to slow down processing too much lest they expose themselves to additional lawsuits like the one being settled.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi All

Well if you think that processing has been going slowly on your applications, be prepared for a longer wait. CIC has just posted it's proposed settlement on the Rasoizadeh vs MCI
Class Definition:

persons who submitted an application seeking an immigrant visa before January 1, 2002, in the skilled worker, self-employed, entrepreneur and investor categories (referred to in subsection 8(1) of the former Immigration Regulations, 1978), excluding provincial nominees and those destined to Quebec:
whose applications were refused after March 31, 2003 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004;
whose applications were withdrawn on or after January 1, 2002 and before December 1, 2003, and who have reapplied on or before December 31, 2004; or
whose applications were refused under the Immigration Act and then referred back by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, or the Supreme Court of Canada, and were awaiting a decision on December 1, 2003; and
all family members, as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of persons referred to in (a), above, including family members who were not listed in the application.

There are about 100,000 applicants in this class. The following is the proposed processing of these applications:

Pursuant to the Draft Settlement Agreement, all Class Members’ applications seeking immigrant visas will receive a selection decision in accordance with the following timeframes, if the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration decides in April of 2005, to proceed with the Settlement:

Take a guess what this going to do to processing times of those applications in the queue

PMM
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately this settlement if approved won't affect annual immigration targets (quotas) - thus hiring extra staff won't really help.

What "additional lawsuites" are you talking about? For long processing times? No such thing as processing times are never promised nor guaranteed.

Welcome to the backlog hell ... :scared:

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
How likely is it that the CIC minister will approve the settlement this coming April?

Perhaps it's possible that CIC will simply hire extra temporary workers to handle the backlog; after all, they don't want to slow down processing too much lest they expose themselves to additional lawsuits like the one being settled.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Unfortunately this settlement if approved won't affect annual immigration targets (quotas) - thus hiring extra staff won't really help.

What "additional lawsuites" are you talking about? For long processing times? No such thing as processing times are never promised nor guaranteed.

Welcome to the backlog hell ... :scared:
You're right- the lawsuit in this case had nothing at all to do with processing times.

Last edited by ChicagoJer; Nov 19th 2004 at 2:58 am.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi PMM,

I really don't feel good after reading your post so kindly give me a straightforward answer to my question:

In my case I applied last 2000 and recently passed the interview last August. Done with medicals, paid RPRF and just waiting for PP request. Will my application be affected by the proposal in case if it will approved (God forbid)?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi All

Class Definition:

PMM
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:02 am

All still pending at the time of settlement (if approved) implementation applications will be affected as 100,000+ applications will be back in the mill. As you can see proposed settlement spreads them over 3 years period, so it should still leave still majority of resources to process current cases, slower but not much I hope.

Originally Posted by centauri
Hi PMM,

I really don't feel good after reading your post so kindly give me a straightforward answer to my question:

In my case I applied last 2000 and recently passed the interview last August. Done with medicals, paid RPRF and just waiting for PP request. Will my application be affected by the proposal in case if it will approved (God forbid)?
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrew,

You mean to say if this settlement will be approved before I receive PP request then my application will be back on queue and wait for 2007?

All still pending at the time of settlement (if approved) implementation applications will be affected as 100,000+ applications will be back in the mill. As you can see proposed settlement spreads them over 3 years period, so it should still leave still majority of resources to process current cases, slower but not much I hope.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

Hi Andrew, what is the approx. amount of cases processed yearly by CIC?

bart

Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:04 am

Number of visas issued and immigrants landed with other statistics about them are only published. You most likely won't find statistics about number of applications processed that easy.

Originally Posted by bartM
Hi Andrew, what is the approx. amount of cases processed yearly by CIC?

bart
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it correct to think that Quebec selected applications will probably be less affected by this?

The reasoning being that CIC probably have a commitment to deliver Quebec's immigration program, and the Quebec government won't be pleased if its own immigration targets are missed because of CIC's backlog of 'federal' applications.

Same goes, to a lesser extent, for other PNP-selected applicants.

It also points to an increase in the federal pass mark from 67 in the near future, doesn't it?

Jeremy
Old Nov 19th 2004, 3:00 pm

All pending cases will be affected to certain degree, including PNP cases. As for pass mark increase - we'll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by JAJ
Andrew
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it correct to think that Quebec selected applications will probably be less affected by this?

The reasoning being that CIC probably have a commitment to deliver Quebec's immigration program, and the Quebec government won't be pleased if its own immigration targets are missed because of CIC's backlog of 'federal' applications.

Same goes, to a lesser extent, for other PNP-selected applicants.

It also points to an increase in the federal pass mark from 67 in the near future, doesn't it?

Jeremy
Old Nov 19th 2004, 3:06 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

My AOR was dated Dec 31 2003, AI July 2004, sent medicals and FBI Clearance in August 2004, will I be affected by this? I was waiting for my passport request any minute now! :scared:
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:11 pm

Unlikely

Originally Posted by MJ23
My AOR was dated Dec 31 2003, AI July 2004, sent medicals and FBI Clearance in August 2004, will I be affected by this? I was waiting for my passport request any minute now! :scared:
Old Nov 19th 2004, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

gvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the rough

will this effect those of us who got passport request and sent for stamping?
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point

dear Mr.Miller,

i sent all papers to the Buffalo embassy by December2001.....so mine comes under old rules,not the new IRPA act.
AOR was MARCH 08,2002
and the medicals were done on JAN 22 rd ,2004 in berkeley
my PR interivew was on FEB 23rd,2004 in Los Angeles( where file was transferred) and was approved Successfully..

I HAD SENT ALL MY FBI,CALIFORNIA,native country clearances .ROLFlanding fee....all..JUST AFTER 15 DAYS OF MY PR INTERVIEW i..e i sent all of them by MARCH 15,2004......

i am anxious because medicals expire JAN 22,2005 i.e only 2 months left...AND I AM waiting for my PP request.

so what will happen to my case ? i am dreading if the Rasolzadeh class action suit will apply in my situation ?.

does my PR interview being approved in FEB 2004 mean that the SELECTION DECISION WAS MADE ? can i be at peace ?

ever grateful for your input
SAM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.