Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Further info request query - UK police record

Further info request query - UK police record

Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:17 pm
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of
Default Further info request query - UK police record

Just a quickie... we just got our med requests from London after 10 months, but it has asked for a bank draft (which has already been cashed here in Canada) together with Police records from the UK, but we never lived in the UK, we are Irish. Anyone have any suggestions!!!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:35 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further info request query - UK police record

Do you hold British passports though?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:37 pm
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

No, Irish Citizens, born in the South. Ireland shares consular services with the UK, so our office was the London office. I made the mistake of reading the form incorrectly (or I think the form is not worded correctly) and didnt realise that when I submitted the forms to Nova Scotia that I could apply here, I thought we had to be here over a year at that stage, instead of granted entry for a year or more! Anyway... I opted for London as our office for processing..
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missieleah
No, Irish Citizens, born in the South. Ireland shares consular services with the UK, so our office was the London office. I made the mistake of reading the form incorrectly (or I think the form is not worded correctly) and didnt realise that when I submitted the forms to Nova Scotia that I could apply here, I thought we had to be here over a year at that stage, instead of granted entry for a year or more! Anyway... I opted for London as our office for processing..
Respond and let them know you have never lived there so you assume it is a mistake.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:54 pm
Collector of Junk!

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Respond and let them know you have never lived there so you assume it is a mistake.
Yeah, i have done, but do I need a Canadian Polick check now, or will the Irish one I already submitted be ok, or do I need to do a new one
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:00 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i have done, but do I need a Canadian Polick check now, or will the Irish one I already submitted be ok, or do I need to do a new one
How old is the Irish one? And no, you won't need a Canadian one.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:04 pm
Collector of Junk!

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
How old is the Irish one? And no, you won't need a Canadian one.
We got the Irish one in Sept 2012 when applying for SINP and then submitted that to NS with our docs in March as they said it has to be in date, which it was...
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:10 pm

We got the Irish one in Sept 2012 when applying for SINP and then submitted that to NS with our docs in March as they said it has to be in date, which it was...
There is a possibility that they may want a new one now then as that is over the one year period - I would order one anyway, just in case and then you are not slowing things down to much as it will already well on it's way to being sorted.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 2:04 am
Collector of Junk!

They emailed me back this morning, which I thought was pretty quick. They dont need a report for my hubby, but I have to get fingerprinted and an RCMP report?? I'm wondering is this because I lived in the middle east in 2003?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

They emailed me back this morning, which I thought was pretty quick. They dont need a report for my hubby, but I have to get fingerprinted and an RCMP report?? I'm wondering is this because I lived in the middle east in 2003?
No, because someone in Canada with the same name and similar age has a criminal record, when checked by CIC. So the prints are required to eliminate you.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 10:57 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

That would be "eliminate you from their inquiries" rather than plan to ninja assassinate you
Old Feb 6th 2014, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
That would be "eliminate you from their inquiries" rather than plan to ninja assassinate you
Apparently I must spread some reputation around, but that made me laugh out loud, so karma.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:38 pm
Collector of Junk!

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Thanks Zoe... That cheered me up no end at 7.30am!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:40 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the point need some clarification.