Funds Problem - Resend

Old Jan 29th 2003, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

amirismail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funds Problem - Resend

Dear Experts:

I have received a letter from CHC Colombo requesting to provide proof of unencumbered transferrable funds equivalent to C$ 18,000/-. They have also advised that I will have to provide the proof of source for any deposits of more than C$1000.

I currently have C $ 10,000 in my bank account and I have family of 5 (wife plus 3 kids). Although we have jewelery and a car worth C $ 10,000, I cannot sell these items now.

My father in law is willing to assist me and will provide the C $ 8000.

My question is will this deposit of C $ 8000 be acceptable by the Visa officer if I tell him in transparency that I have been given the funds by my father in law as he intends to help us migrate to Canada. I am even willing to open a bank account in Canada and transfer the funds to assure the visa officer. Will a question of a deposit of C$ 1000 be raised and will it jeopardize the case.

I will really appreciate your kind advise.

Thanks and regards,