FSW proof of funds, not needed

Old Oct 16th 2011, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Oilman J is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW proof of funds, not needed

Applying under FSW (heavy mechanic) you need X amount of funds depending on family size.

I can understand the reason for this, but as I will apply for FSW entry to Canada with no intention of taking a job there, how could this work for me?

I dont need to have funds to support my family as I have a job, just not in Canada as I continue with my current employer working all round the world

I will pay canadian taxes as soon as I move there I guess.

I know my case is unique, but surely they will take this into consideration.

After all, I will move there and pay tax on around $160,000 CAD that I earn outside Canada and will also spend it there!

Would probably be able to get the funds together, but as we intend selling our house , which will most likely be at a massive loss and pay off debts too, we will not have a lot to put in the bank by the time we pay the bank for the mortgage short fall. However, not bothered about this as I have a decent paying job.

Advice appreciated.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:13 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW proof of funds, not needed

CIC won't give a flying fig to what you claim and, IMO, why should they. You will still need to have the Proof of Funds.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:19 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, poster above is right. You have to prove the funds - CIC don't care about anything else.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
CIC won't give a flying fig to what you claim and, IMO, why should they. You will still need to have the Proof of Funds.
Hi,

Was just wondering since the reason for needing to prove funds is becasue a typical FSW applicant has not got a job to go to when they land, where an applicant with an offer of work has got a job and then obviously will have an income.

My situation of having a job is in effect the same as having an offer from a Canadian company, with the exception of it already being in motion and I would have said, a safer option since someone could take a job offer in Canada and then leave it the following month.

So, "IMO", they should consider it as I am not a liability or burden on the she syetem.

Not that I want to have the rules changed, just commenting on how it would be good if some consideration is taken into someone wanting to move to Canada, meets the FSW criteria and is eligible for a visa, but shouldnt have to prove funds if they already have employment in another country.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Yup, poster above is right. You have to prove the funds - CIC don't care about anything else.
I probably worded my first post wrongly when I said;

"I know my case is unique, but surely they will take this into consideration."

When I meant, it would be good if they did take it into consideration.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:36 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oilman J
Applying under FSW (heavy mechanic) you need X amount of funds depending on family size.

I can understand the reason for this, but as I will apply for FSW entry to Canada with no intention of taking a job there, how could this work for me?

I dont need to have funds to support my family as I have a job, just not in Canada as I continue with my current employer working all round the world

After all, I will move there and pay tax on around $160,000 CAD that I earn outside Canada and will also spend it there!

Would probably be able to get the funds together, but as we intend selling our house , which will most likely be at a massive loss and pay off debts too, we will not have a lot to put in the bank by the time we pay the bank for the mortgage short fall. However, not bothered about this as I have a decent paying job.

Advice appreciated.
I see your point, don't bother submitting the requirement for funds, just pop a letter in explaining your situation and I am sure it will be ok. What can go wrong? Good luck.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:40 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

Well what will happen is that they will take half the fee for the trouble of looking at the application, then send it back to you. You can then start all over again. if you have a job, get an LMO and TWP and then apply for PR through your company, let them do the paperwork and perhaps it will go smoothly, assuming you do what they ask of you and that will include proof of funds.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by expatdoris
I see your point, don't bother submitting the requirement for funds, just pop a letter in explaining your situation and I am sure it will be ok. What can go wrong? Good luck.
Hi,

Thanks for the sensible reply.

My main concern was being able to prove funds just now, but not being able to do so when we actually go over in the event of being "cleaned out" after the same of our house.

As the other posters say, CIC will most likely not care about this, but it would be nice to know the lay of the land , so to speak.

Thanks
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Advice appreciated.
Unless you state you are working for a foreign company and have an income, with no intention of working in Canada how would they even know? Immigrants coming to Canada bring skills to Canada that they put to use within the Canadian economy, as well as paying income tax on earnings. Why not just carry on working around the world and stay living where you are? Seems a whole lot easier.

If you cannot prove the funds, application rejected.

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 16th 2011 at 4:57 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
Unless you state you are working for a foreign company and have an income, with no intention of working in Canada how would they even know? Immigrants coming to Canada bring skills to Canada that they put to use within the Canadian economy, as well as paying income tax on earnings. Why not just carry on working around the world and stay living where you are? Seems a whole lot easier.

If you cannot prove the funds, application rejected.
Aviator, thats what Im kind of getting at here.
Obviously when you come to proof of funds, you would use your current employment as "proof of funds" so to speak.

I am unsure if anyone can confirm this or has done this in the past.

Hence the post
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Aviator, thats what Im kind of getting at here.
Obviously when you come to proof of funds, you would use your current employment as "proof of funds" so to speak.

I am unsure if anyone can confirm this or has done this in the past.

Hence the post
As has been said above, your employment will not make the slightest difference and you *must* submit the requested proof of funds, or your application will be rejected.

There is no option to include current employment as part of your proof of funds I'm afraid.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you get your company to write you a job offer for your current job but based from canada instead?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Can you get your company to write you a job offer for your current job but based from canada instead?
A letter won't make any difference though - if proof of funds is to be waived, it must be a job offer *approved by HRSDC*, so a LMO or AEO would be needed (and it would be a FSW cat 2, not cat 1, application).

Fair enough I guess, otherwise everybody would just get a mate in Canada to write them a letter saying they've got a job!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless its an intracompany transfer and hence classed as HRSDC exempt under the "significant benefit " category???

ie: its not a job offer so much as the same job moving location?

Ailsa

Last edited by Dave n Ailsa; Oct 19th 2011 at 2:27 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Unless its an intracompany transfer and hence classed as HRSDC exempt under the "significant benefit " category???

ie: its not a job offer so much as the same job moving location?

Ailsa
Could be wrong, but I took 'my situation of having a job is in effect the same as having an offer from a Canadian company' to mean that the company isn't Canadian - therefore that wouldn't be a possibility.