Fsw points and EE points

Old Aug 31st 2017, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Holly007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fsw points and EE points

Hello,

I have scored 68 on the FSW and 426 on the EE - is this enough to be successful in this process?

I read that i would need a score of at least 450 on the EE? Also when it comes to the work experience term, I have a had a few positions in the last 10 years which when totalled up comes to just over 4 years, ie I was an assistant restaurant manager with the same company in one position for a few months and then transferred to a different location/country as an assistant restaurant manager - does this count?

im so confused

Advice much appreciated
Old Aug 31st 2017, 10:52 am
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fsw points and EE points

Originally Posted by Holly007
Hello,

I have scored 68 on the FSW and 426 on the EE - is this enough to be successful in this process?

I read that i would need a score of at least 450 on the EE? Also when it comes to the work experience term, I have a had a few positions in the last 10 years which when totalled up comes to just over 4 years, ie I was an assistant restaurant manager with the same company in one position for a few months and then transferred to a different location/country as an assistant restaurant manager - does this count?

im so confused

Advice much appreciated
Right now EE is hovering around 430-440, I think it did go down to as low as lik 413 or something though for one round. I am not 100% sure on this but I think as long as the work continued to be considered full time and its in the same NUC code then it would all count.

I hope that helps. Others might be able to clarify that.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

You are not sitting too bad on points.

You can see the previous draws here: Express Entry invitation rounds

point having been hovering around the 430-440 mark for a few months now but did go down as low as 413 in May so you are certainly in with a shot.

Note that the FSW points are only for qualification and are not used in selecting candidates.

Yes your work experience counts. Did you just transfer location and were with the same company doing the same job? If so this is easier to deal with. If not then note you are going to need reference letters for each role and/or employer that you are claiming points for. These have to show duties and responsibilities so standard UK job references are not going to be sufficient. You may want to chase down and organize these letters down sooner rather than later as they can take some time to organize especially if you have multiple roles/employers.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your responses - I have already started getting together references, also police clearance certificates as I have lived in 4 countries for longer than 6 months and these take a long time. Once I have all the necessary paperwork should I wait until the score goes down to my level until I apply or should I apply once I have everything?

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2017, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Better applying to enter the pool now (assuming you have ECA and language testing as these are mandatory to enter pool) in case scores drop. If you wait for them to drop and then apply they may go back go back up and you would of missed your chance.

Assuming you get an ICA you then have 90 days to finish gathering data and applying for PR.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

I am a British Citizen but I actually live and work in the Cayman Islands at the moment, another reason why everything takes so long. I am also considering returning to the UK to work for an international hotel chain and then using them to move to Canada as my points are so low..