FSW Application time

Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

luce369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW Application time

Hi, I'm new to the forum, hoping someone can clarify something for me.

My husband (prin. applicant) and I are sending our application off this week for FSW Cat 1 as he is a Carpentry Supervisor and is on the list of approved trades. We have worked out that he has 71 points.

How long is the process likely to take as I have read between 3-5 years and then also 12months for the new process!

Thanks

Lucy
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Re: FSW Application time

Hi Luce

All the info states that new FSW applications (after the rule change was announced in Nov 08) will be processed within 6-12 months.

We sent our initial application to Nova Scotia in Feb and have just had meds but our case seems to have been very quick and we are now in Canada on BUNAC Working Holiday visa so not sure whether that's why it's been quicker.

Other people who applied in Feb are currently waiting for medical requests. If you send initial forms to Nova Scotia now, the approx to hear back is about a month and if they agree that you meet the eligibility criteria, you will get a letter which gives you 120 days to send in all the evidence. This is the 120 day letter if you have seen this being mentioned.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your application and keep us posted. There are a few timelines/posts on here for FSW Category one so you might want to have a look

Lucy
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Forgot to say Welcome to the Forum!!!

It's been a great help to me and hope it will be for you!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the forum.

Trackitt has some further information for you

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...killed-workers
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucycrow
Hi Luce

All the info states that new FSW applications (after the rule change was announced in Nov 08) will be processed within 6-12 months.

We sent our initial application to Nova Scotia in Feb and have just had meds but our case seems to have been very quick and we are now in Canada on BUNAC Working Holiday visa so not sure whether that's why it's been quicker.

Other people who applied in Feb are currently waiting for medical requests. If you send initial forms to Nova Scotia now, the approx to hear back is about a month and if they agree that you meet the eligibility criteria, you will get a letter which gives you 120 days to send in all the evidence. This is the 120 day letter if you have seen this being mentioned.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your application and keep us posted. There are a few timelines/posts on here for FSW Category one so you might want to have a look

Lucy
If you send the evidence in straight away when you get 120 day letter do they review it when it arrives or do they wait 120 days anyway?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

They didn't wait the 30 days. Mine was sent 31st March (120 letter received 27th Feb)and received 1st April and they started to process it on 30th April according to ecas.

Hope this helps

Lucy