fsw application advice needed

Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

andreip is an unknown quantity at this point
Question fsw application advice needed

hello

I need some advice as i ve got confused reading the visa office document requirements ,basically we wanted to apply as a conjugal relationship ,after seeing a lawyer we realised that chances are low so we were advised that she should apply for herself and meantime move in toghether ,by the time she would receive pr we would have had 1 year required to qualify for common law .
I noticed that visa office asks for a spouse/common law partner documents (if applicable)or declare that you do not wish to take your dependants with u
and they will have to qualify themselves.(i wont qualify easily)
I am confused now as we have moved in toghether if we should update them or this makes no difference as a common law relationship is anyway recognized by them if we were living toghether for 12 months.Should she keep same status as she had before we started living toghether?
Application was sent recently and im sure will take some time until she will be asked for visa office documents.Any advice is very welcomed!!

Many thanks,
Andrei
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:45 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fsw application advice needed

How long have you lived together for?

I agree that the Conjugal Partner route is not a good option unless you have genuine and serious reasons why you could not cohabit. But I'm not sure about one of you applying now view a view to sponsoring the other later on. It seems a long-winded approach. Would it not be better to wait until you have 12 months cohabitation? Or get married?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

andreip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fsw application advice needed

Thank you for reply.By the time we have 12 months it would mean to reapply or get there in 2 years time or more.Marriage its possible ,we dont want to do it now just for papers and lawyers told us that common law equals to marriage, i mean we will have to do it as a last resort but we hoped we could plan it better later.Now we are not sure if it will be ok to be added in summer (or when visa office doc will be required)and not having problems as we wont have 12 months ,however it should be declared as if not it means we would lie .i m not really sure how to work it out,and not sure what status we have as they recognize a common law after 12 months so would that mean she keeps her never married status and sponsor me later or we jus get married meantime to be on the safeside.I was thinking that here might be other people who applied with a situation simmilar to ours