FSW 2013 - processing times

Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice
Default FSW 2013 - processing times

Hiya,
I was just wondering whether the changes to the FSW programme have resulted in a change of visa processing times at all? Anyone know what a realistic waiting time is under the revised programme?

Thank you!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

barcomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW 2013 - processing times

Originally Posted by cornwall9
Hiya,
I was just wondering whether the changes to the FSW programme have resulted in a change of visa processing times at all? Anyone know what a realistic waiting time is under the revised programme?

Thank you!
We have sent our application on the 11th June and received PER a week ago ... How long Merical request would take, I wish I know myself lol
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice

Oh that's good news, sounds like the processing times are definitely being reduced then. I just googled PER and it came up as Positive Eligibility Review; so, does that mean that everything is okay with your application and that CIC only need your medicals now?

Can I just ask you how long your skills/education assessment thingy took to come through?

Many thanks and fingers crossed you get your medical request soon!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Oh that's good news, sounds like the processing times are definitely being reduced then. I just googled PER and it came up as Positive Eligibility Review; so, does that mean that everything is okay with your application and that CIC only need your medicals now?

Can I just ask you how long your skills/education assessment thingy took to come through?

Many thanks and fingers crossed you get your medical request soon!
In short YES. At PER stage means initial review of documents has been completed, meaning you have made in the total quota of 5000 applications for 2013 and in the 300 for the relevant NOC. They check you have included all the required documents (IELTS, you make up the points, you have the relevant experience in the NOC you are applying for, etc ...). Based on that review, you receive Positive Eligibility Review or you get your documents returned by the post with a letter explaining why your documents were returned.

On the PER letter it says, please note "final decistion on your application will be made by the visa office you have chosen on your application form".

At that point your documents are sent to the Visa Office, they do security checks and ask for Medicals. If you good then they make decision and you receive the visa.

It took 5-6 weeks to get the skills/education assesed by WES. There are faster option for them to assess it, but it took longer in our case, as the university delayed the things a bit. Not sure if you have already checked, but the uni you have studied in has to send directly documents to WES. Also, I had some problems paying by Credit card (MBNA and Capital One blocked the payment), and bank transfer took ages ... In the end i found out I can pay by Barlays Credit Card. Have seen on forums, people manage to do the whole lot for 2 weeks, but not sure if fast service is still available by WES.

BTW, what NOC code are you planning to apply under? 2, almost 3 of them are already full ...
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, just found the processing time info on the WES website too!

We'd be applying under 2113 Geoscientists, CIC website says 10 applications so far. I would guess that the total of 5000 applications will be reached before the cap for the occupation itself, if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to apply until December maybe January due to the IELTS component as my partner is off on a research trip then stuck in a Danish lab for 2 months. So fingers crossed the overall cap hasn't been reached by then

Also, do we need police certs for our initial application or are they, like the medicals, something that CIC will ask for at a later stage?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

We'd be applying under 2113 Geoscientists, CIC website says 10 applications so far. I would guess that the total of 5000 applications will be reached before the cap for the occupation itself, if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to apply until December maybe January due to the IELTS component as my partner is off on a research trip then stuck in a Danish lab for 2 months. So fingers crossed the overall cap hasn't been reached by then

Also, do we need police certs for our initial application or are they, like the medicals, something that CIC will ask for at a later stage?
It makes sense yes, but hopefully not! Perhaps you could try finding a job offer if 5000 applications are reached by then?
Worst case scenario, wait until May next year when hopefully they will reset the program without making any major changes.

We did sent our police certificates, as part of the application to make sure the application doesn't get returned. Have heard people send police certs when VO asks them, but not sure about that! ACRO do a 2 days fast service, so I would personally advice you to do the police certs, as you will be waiting for IELTS results anyway.

If you really want to do the application now, book IELTS and do it asap on a Saturday (if your partner can fly in and out just for the exam), just a thought ? or do it in Denmark whilst there ...
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I would have a good read of the Guide and the document checklist, they detail what needs to be sent with the application.

"... Note. We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested... "

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/EG7TOC.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.pdf

Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barcomi
If you really want to do the application now, book IELTS and do it asap on a Saturday (if your partner can fly in and out just for the exam), just a thought ? or do it in Denmark whilst there ...
Thanks for your advice. If it was me needing to do the test that's what I'd do, too. Unfortunately, my partner doesn't want to even think about the IELTS test until all his research/lab stuff is out of the way in December. I can't really blame him, he'll be all on his own in a silly lab for two months talking to his soil haha. The last thing I'd want to be doing in my time off is sit an English test. We'll get him booked in for one when he gets back. Should still be able to submit our application in January time that way, it'll just have to do
Old Sep 12th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your advice. If it was me needing to do the test that's what I'd do, too. Unfortunately, my partner doesn't want to even think about the IELTS test until all his research/lab stuff is out of the way in December. I can't really blame him, he'll be all on his own in a silly lab for two months talking to his soil haha. The last thing I'd want to be doing in my time off is sit an English test. We'll get him booked in for one when he gets back. Should still be able to submit our application in January time that way, it'll just have to do
Good luck with everything !