FSW 1 Self Employed

Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

ascotbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW 1 Self Employed

Hi All,

I am a self employed Engineer running my own Limited Company. Has anyone similar advice on how to successfully present my Work Experience. I was thinking of getting a letter from my accountants along with details from clients I have worked for. Copies of contracts is a little more difficult as i simply dont have that info anyone, lost/scrapped in house moves.

Finally Note 7 on the London Visa Apps states this is required for the Principle Applicant only. Sure I had read reqd for applicant and partner or am i mistaken ?

Many Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:38 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW 1 Self Employed

Originally Posted by ascotbilly
Hi All,

I am a self employed Engineer running my own Limited Company. Has anyone similar advice on how to successfully present my Work Experience. I was thinking of getting a letter from my accountants along with details from clients I have worked for. Copies of contracts is a little more difficult as i simply dont have that info anyone, lost/scrapped in house moves.

Finally Note 7 on the London Visa Apps states this is required for the Principle Applicant only. Sure I had read reqd for applicant and partner or am i mistaken ?

Many Thanks.
Letter from accountant is good. Letters of reference from customers and/or suppliers would work too.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ascotbilly
I can echo the advice provided by The Aviator above, it worked for me when i applied for FSW cat1 PR
All the best
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

nikky1234 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Letter from accountant is good. Letters of reference from customers and/or suppliers would work too.
We had to physically supply the last 5 years accounts and a copy of the company agreements. So a letter from Companies house stating when you started etc would be very useful... My husband was the principal applicant and my info was really irrelevant although required.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikky1234
We had to physically supply the last 5 years accounts and a copy of the company agreements. So a letter from Companies house stating when you started etc would be very useful... My husband was the principal applicant and my info was really irrelevant although required.
Thanks Nicky useful info. One thing that's still confusing me is the supply of work experience info namely
1. How far back do you go I.e to 18 or the last 10 years as both are referred to in the schedules?
2. Is the above info required to be submitted for both applicants. Section 7 of the London skilled workers guide states principle applicant only

Comments appreciated.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Back when i applied (feb 09) via FSW cat1
I supplied my pass work history going back to when i was 18 yrs of age ( I provided details of this info on the application forms )
Your references needed to relate to the NOC you were applying under and need to back up your experience time / duties. These references need to confirm a minimum of 1 yrs exp in the last 10 yrs but if you have 4+ yrs experience you should receive max points in this section.
Hope this helps
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Nicky useful info. One thing that's still confusing me is the supply of work experience info namely
1. How far back do you go I.e to 18 or the last 10 years as both are referred to in the schedules?
2. Is the above info required to be submitted for both applicants. Section 7 of the London skilled workers guide states principle applicant only

Comments appreciated.
1. yes you have to go all the way back including dates etc. This was easy for hubby as been in the same job/place all his life

2. yes this is neccessary for both applicants, however if you can go through the nomination scheme immigration wll help you through all this. ours did everything for us all we had to do was fill in the forms and he kept us right. I didn't need to provide any references, qualifications, just jobs and dates.

3. Not sure about skilled workers route as we are starting a business in Canada.

We found going down the self-employed route was harder initially for us, there were better/easier ways of investing our money. Look into the entrepreneur route??? just a thought sometimes looking out of the box you miss the obvious We telephoned immigration (Canada)initially to find out if his skills were required. they are very helpful or at least we found them so and it was them that suggested what route to take.

If you are looking to invest in Canada they are very helpful
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Back when i applied (feb 09) via FSW cat1
I supplied my pass work history going back to when i was 18 yrs of age ( I provided details of this info on the application forms )
Your references needed to relate to the NOC you were applying under and need to back up your experience time / duties. These references need to confirm a minimum of 1 yrs exp in the last 10 yrs but if you have 4+ yrs experience you should receive max points in this section.
Hope this helps
Thanks JB so to confirm
1. Historical info going back to 18 was provided on the form only. You didn't supply references going back to age 18?
2. You provided references for past 10 years work experience per section 7.
3. Was 2. Supplied for yourself as the principle applicant only? Did you not supply references for your partner ?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Criteria for self-employed farmer visa is different from that required for
FSW cat1
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=nikky1234;8733976]1. yes you have to go all the way back including dates etc. This was easy for hubby as been in the same job/place all his life

Thanks NIcky very detailed response although for FSW1 route I suspect Joinerboys comments are more applicable.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

1. Historical info going back to 18 was provided on the form only. You didn't supply references going back to age 18?
no didn't supply refs' going back to when i was 18yrs only history of this on application forms , just supplied refs' to as proof of my claimed experience / duties in the NOC i applied under
2. You provided references for past 10 years work experience per section 7.
supplied refs' to support my claimed work experience/duties in the NOC i applied under

3. Was 2. Supplied for yourself as the principle applicant only? Did you not supply references for your partner ?
only supplied work experience related refs' for me as i was the main applicant

Pease note some changes have come in to place since i applied for my PR visa via FSW cat1 and i would always advise you check the CIC website just to confirm the requirements have not changed.

things like this -
Federal Skilled Worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney on or after June 26, 2010, accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment, not exceeding the identified caps and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

hope this helps

Last edited by joinerboy; Jul 28th 2010 at 8:34 am.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Cheers joinerboy perfect response ! Exactly the news I was hoping for makes info gathering much easier.

I am being processes under the rules from Nov 08 Which is pretty good as they have dropped my NOC
From the current list. The language assessment is another example of a recent requirement. I assume you simply submitted a letter stating English wa your first language etc etc ?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers joinerboy perfect response ! Exactly the news I was hoping for makes info gathering much easier.

I am being processes under the rules from Nov 08 Which is pretty good as they have dropped my NOC
From the current list. The language assessment is another example of a recent requirement. I assume you simply submitted a letter stating English wa your first language etc etc ?
Yes back when we applied we included a hand written letter confirming English was our first language
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

glad someone could help you, just goes to show how many options there are. Not just a case of filling in a standard form lol How different all the provinces are

Good luck
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Scanning this thread I am not sure that it has been made clear that a self-employed engineer will have to apply under the skilled worker category and not the "Self-Employed" which is limited to agriculture, the arts and athletes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.