British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Forwarded to Buffalo?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/forwarded-buffalo-691992/)

johnandjenny Dec 1st 2010 11:54 am

Re: Forwarded to Buffalo??

Hi, no we have been back in Canada since August. Application was sent from Alberta. We sent to Missisuarga, and instead of going to London it was sent to Buffalo. And the interview is for March. [U]nsure where that will take place, and what it intails. I have heard different things regards it. No letter confirmation yet, but on the website it says I must attend. John is busy working, and I have become a housewife in the meantime lol. Still applying for work etc. I don't think I can leave the country yet either until the interview has been conducted, then and only then can we make plans.
I wish I could help more.
Jen

johnandjenny Dec 5th 2010 8:38 am

Sorry for the late reply.
We sent the application from within Canada as thats where we have been residing. So I ahve an interview and it is an Buffallo. We are in living in Alberta and are expected in to attend an interview in Buffallo, which is going to cost an arm and a leg, flights, hotel etc. John has used up all his holiday time too. Anyways looks like we are going there.

It says on the responding letter that we both must attend, and theat they wil not reply to any case specific enquiries until the interview date. SO even requesting for the interview to be moved to a closer office or even to the Uk can't be done as they wont reply. Will be cheaper and easier to go to London, flights are dead cheap and it will cost 1/3 of the price than that of going to Buffallo. Didn't even request for it to go there. People be prepared for this.

Will keep you all updated
Jen

johnandjenny Dec 5th 2010 12:35 pm

interview is in March in Buffallo. Got to drive / fly to the consulate there. then return, thats my only worry when returnning through the border crossing

CanadaJimmy Dec 5th 2010 4:45 pm

Bloody hell, what a nuisance. Thats ridiculous they can't interview you at a more local CIC office.

MillieF Dec 6th 2010 8:06 am

JohnandJenny - I'm with CanadaJimmy! What a business! However, thank you so much for letting us all know. There have been times when we have thought of just arriving in Canada and processing information from there, and I'm glad we haven't now, and that we are doing it from here prior to arrival. The medical from here did involve a bit of a trip and an overnight stay, however, compared to your travels this equals nothing. Best of luck and lots of energy for the journey!

johnandjenny Dec 6th 2010 11:05 am

No problem. We don't regret sending it from here, as we wanted to be together instead of getting wed, and then living in UK. Besides, John has a good steady job, so supporting me outside of the country would be very expensive although I would eb working etc back in England.
We are just a little dissappointed that we have to go to Buffalo for an interview, it's a crazy expense to be honest.
Does anyone know if the interview can be transferred to a local office, or one closer to home?

Jen