Forwarded to Buffalo??

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forwarded to Buffalo??

Hi, our application for pr via spousal sponsorship was accpeted last week, but have been informed that instead of going to London, it has been forwarded to Buffalo.
So we are just wondering the processing times now? If anyone has been through the same, we love the waiting game lol.

Thanks.

So the application was recieved at Mississauga in Sept 4th, and the eligibility of sponsor was accpeted on 23rd Oct, and now forwarded to Buffalo.

Jen
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 3:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forwarded to Buffalo??

Hi

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
Hi, our application for pr via spousal sponsorship was accpeted last week, but have been informed that instead of going to London, it has been forwarded to Buffalo.
So we are just wondering the processing times now? If anyone has been through the same, we love the waiting game lol.

Thanks.

So the application was recieved at Mississauga in Sept 4th, and the eligibility of sponsor was accpeted on 23rd Oct, and now forwarded to Buffalo.

Jen
4-10 months for 80% http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ouses.asp#west
Old Nov 12th 2010, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

4 - 10 months, even though it was forwarded on from Mississauga?

We are just wondering that's all. Just will be all pleased once it has been all sorted. The suspense of not knowing for the last four months or so has been very hard, but we are just in the same boat as everybody else.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

we still havent heard anything, yet there is a client id number, but I can't find anywhere on the website to where I can track the application.

Any ideas British Expats?

Thanks

Jen
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:33 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
we still havent heard anything, yet there is a client id number, but I can't find anywhere on the website to where I can track the application.

Any ideas British Expats?

Thanks

Jen
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas - the client ID number only shows info on the sponsor - the sponsored person will have their own B file number for their PR application.

If you e-mail buffalo with your Client ID number and request your sponsors PR Application B File number (state their full name and date of birth as well) they should e-mail you the number.

Good luck!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Ok, we just found out that they have started processing the application, and have recieved the medicals. This was 7th November, does anyone have a good idea how long it takes from here?

Jen
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

It's impossible to say really Jen but looking at what other people are writing on here and on canadavisa.com it would appear that Buffalo are actually processing far quicker than London at the moment so you may be in luck!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

MadeInDorset is an unknown quantity at this point

johnandjenny, we had the same experience requested London but application forwarded to Buffalo. Our application was received by Mississauga on 23/10/2010 with Buffalo starting to process our application on 12/11/2010. I today (30/11/2010) received a passport request via email... Fingers crossed you shall also experience a similarly speedy result.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:34 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadeInDorset
johnandjenny, we had the same experience requested London but application forwarded to Buffalo. Our application was received by Mississauga on 23/10/2010 with Buffalo starting to process our application on 12/11/2010. I today (30/11/2010) received a passport request via email... Fingers crossed you shall also experience a similarly speedy result.
Sounds like the are forwarding it to the office with the least workload that can get the fastest result.
How uncommonly sensible! If only they could do the same for FSW Cat 2!
Good Luck for a quick decision.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

so we found out the news. I the sponsorred person need to attend an interview. Will this be in London?
Does anyone have any news information on what is asked/ expected.

Thanks
Jen
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:46 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

JohnandJenny - Were you in England when you sent your Spousal sponsorship form? Were they then sent to Massasauga? and then forwarded to Buffalo? It's just that I am getting my spousal forms sorted - did my Medical yesterday, and am just awaiting police forms back, but I will send my forms to the Canadian Embassy in Paris, and have asked to be interviewed in Paris too - will they be sent on to Massasauga does anyone know? I can't go to Buffalo! The Doctor in Rennes told me yesterday that in terms of paperwork Canada is the worst country he has ever encountered, he does checks for Australia and NZ too - and when a Frenchman tells you that someones paperwork is vast, he knows what he's talking about as French documentation is a nightmare. Very best of luck, waiting like this must be awful - I haven't sent mine off yet, because I keep finding another lurking form to check, but as soon as I do I shall be haunting my post box.

Last edited by MillieF; Dec 1st 2010 at 6:47 am. Reason: typo
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

postalvan is an unknown quantity at this point

suze_h is absolutely correct! London seems to have almost shut down completely in recent weeks. I'm seeing virtually no updates for people who applied through London. I wish we all could have chosen to go through Buffalo instead. It seems to be just about the fastest office in world right now.
I applied in mid August and have been in process at London office since October 14th with no other status updates since then.
I would imagine anyone who is going through the London office with 'in process' dates in November won't see any updates until next year now.

Originally Posted by suze_h
It's impossible to say really Jen but looking at what other people are writing on here and on canadavisa.com it would appear that Buffalo are actually processing far quicker than London at the moment so you may be in luck!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:53 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postalvan
suze_h is absolutely correct! London seems to have almost shut down completely in recent weeks. I'm seeing virtually no updates for people who applied through London. I wish we all could have chosen to go through Buffalo instead. It seems to be just about the fastest office in world right now.
I applied in mid August and have been in process at London office since October 14th with no other status updates since then.
I would imagine anyone who is going through the London office with 'in process' dates in November won't see any updates until next year now.
Might that mean that other applications that CIC are sending on to the visa offices may be similarly sent to Buffalo rather than London?
Our FSW2 is at CIC now and we are expecting to get the e-mail some time just before or just after Christmas, if other applicants are anything to go by. My OH is in Canada working on a TWP. Is it likely that instead of London ours will be sent to Buffalo?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

postalvan - I've been chatting to a girl whose common law partner's application has been in process in London since October 22nd and she has just got her passport request this afternoon! So there is hope yet!! London are moving!! I'm about 2 weeks behind them......I'm thinking mine will take longer though as I have been in Canada for over a year and they will need to do security / background checks. Just praying they don't request additional information! Fingers crossed for everyone. Good luck for the interview Jenny - do you know when it has been scheduled for?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

postalvan is an unknown quantity at this point

thats great to hear! There just have been so few updates in the last few weeks on Trackitt and the other forums such as Canadavisa and immigration.ca. There were much more a few months back.
We're in a similar position to yourself - common law application by my partner and she was in canada for a year prior to application so i guess the same security checks will be required. Not sure how much that slows things down. Been 'in process' for over 6 weeks now and about 98 days since the application was filed initially so its getting to the annoying stage now, lol.
Good luck with yours!

Originally Posted by suze_h
postalvan - I've been chatting to a girl whose common law partner's application has been in process in London since October 22nd and she has just got her passport request this afternoon! So there is hope yet!! London are moving!! I'm about 2 weeks behind them......I'm thinking mine will take longer though as I have been in Canada for over a year and they will need to do security / background checks. Just praying they don't request additional information! Fingers crossed for everyone. Good luck for the interview Jenny - do you know when it has been scheduled for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.