Form IMM0008-Help Please

Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:00 pm
ktp
Just Joined

ktp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form IMM0008-Help Please

Afternoon all,

Just filling out the forms and have a query about one of the questions.
Question 9 of the IMM0008 form asks for the date you got married or entered into a common-law relationship.

Does anyone know if the date you entered into a common-law relationship is the date you first got together or the date that you started living together?

I have been with my partner for 7 years but only living together for 3, so I am unsure what date to put.

Thanks in advance

Katy
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form IMM0008-Help Please

Hi,

Might be wrong but believe its from when you started living together.

SAW 04

Originally Posted by ktp
Afternoon all,

Question 9 of the IMM0008 form asks for the date you got married or entered into a common-law relationship.

Does anyone know if the date you entered into a common-law relationship is the date you first got together or the date that you started living together?

I have been with my partner for 7 years but only living together for 3, so I am unsure what date to put.

Thanks in advance

Katy
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Hi,

Might be wrong but believe its from when you started living together.

SAW 04

I think it is the date which u started living together is considered. if you are not living together then u are not in a common law relationship. That is what i think. maybe the experts could tell more.

regs
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:40 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Date couple starts living together in conjugal (like married couple) relationship is the start date of common-law relationship asked for in the form. Remember that you must also complete and both sign before Notary or Commissioner of Oath the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5409E.PDF

and provide a lot of evidence and statements from family and friends confirming your relationship and documenting that all elements of interdependency (emotional, physical, financial, social, etc.) are present and were present during claimed period.

Originally Posted by ktp
Afternoon all,

Thanks in advance

Katy