Food For Thought

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:39 am
Just Joined

blacky is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Food For Thought

Food for thought Dont eat whilst you read!

What is the difference between an immigrant and a scapegoat?

For their sins to be atoned (make amends) the tribes of Israel of ancient
times ceremonially prepared a goat and led it into the wilderness to perish.
The belief was to attach all their sins of the peoples to the goat and it
were led away into an inhospitable place where it would be certainly
eliminated by wild beasts or suffer starvation. Since the scapegoat was
destroyed the peoples felt atoned (relieved) of the sins and the cycle of
sin started all over again.

For the socioeconomic mismanagement and squandering (living off some one
else its back and overexploitation) the established peoples of this country
(and others) in modern times need to regenerate ever increasing gross
national product to balance their need for consumption and greed. What can
they do? So they lead eager peoples from foreign lands (who like the greener
grass on the other side of the fence and also a bit jumpy just like goats,
and are also considered less worth than other domestic animals = means
disposable) into a ceremonial procedure called immigration process and drop
them into this new country with little concern for their survival .

It is a jungle out there, right? Needless to say pressures (non recognition
of education and credentials, low paying jobs, much unemployment, systemic
and plain racism, expensive living costs, culture shock etc) hurt them in
many ways. You can see many immigrants being ground up into poverty and
worse. (Wander and look around in most cities of this second to none
country, or just study past and recent statistics on income and poverty)
Unimpressed, the elite line their pockets in perpetuity and the cycle starts
again.

If you agree, send copy to a friend if not start thinking! ( bySISC)

For nice replies go to www.canada-city.ca foren index and look for food....

For even better stuff if you hungry go to www.canadianimmigrants.com forum
of march 20. or 21.
but like I said dont eat while you read cheers blacky

http://britishexpats.com/forum/newth...ewthread&f=33#
Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:13 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Food For Thought

"Tread softly, blacky, because you are treading on my dreams"
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mhhp
"Tread softly, blacky, because you are treading on my dreams"
Wow Blacky, thats rather scary especially as I'm due in Canada very shortly. Hope I wont be adding to the grim statistics!! :scared:
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Sorry friends these junior members dont quit have it ...... yet
I misspelled link WWW.Canadaimmigrants.com forum march http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=2168226#
Scared20th
please delete the s in the middle of site name merci blacky
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:37 am
Just Joined

God day in cyberspace, cant trust thes rookies. goofed again.The site www.canadaimmigrants.com needs abit more time to post,cause our spanish speaking friends will also enjoy a good read.The also abit late in getting up over in BC Canada So be patient its worth the wait.Just scroll around but keep your ale close by
you may need to wash some foul taste down.Dont you love "sharon" comment and then she does it again.WHOOO
Chers blacky
http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=2168592#
Beer
PS. Down with the "gatekeepers"
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:58 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

At the risk of exposing myself as being a bit dimm, I cant help it, but I still do not understand a word of what you are talking about, blacky. Is it just me???

However to your first post, allow me to put a few thoughts on the table:

1) dreams and courage

Historically Immigration has always been about those two things:

Dreams of changing things, of making a difference, of building something new, in your own life as well as in your community and society.

Courage to stand up and make it happen, to leave everything behind and set out for the great unknown.

These has been the drivers of Emmigration/Immigration since the stone age, and I firmly believe they are still its success factors today. Without a passionate dream in front of us and the courage and persistance to make it happen, we are bound to fail.

There are a million reasons one can find not to go, only few of which blacky has named, but when I look around me it is not the reasons for failure, that this is all about. It is the way to overcome them, with dreams and courage.

2) Self responsibility

I believe we are responsible for my own future and success, not CIC, not Canada, not Europe, not the government, the system, the establishment, its ME and ME ALONE.

If I fail there is noone else to blame. No other "SCAPEGOAT", (to use blackys analogy) to make me feel better.

It is important that we have "the strength to accept the things we cannot change" (quote stolen from Francis of Asisi) and fight like Hell (not from FoA ) to improve those we can.

3) On the other hand

Having said that, it is of course easy when it is not you looking at the deep black hole (not yet )

We have a responsibility for sustainibility of society (which is BTW at risk with and without immigration)

We have alot of shit to shovel and alot of obsacles to overcome.

Therefore I do agree that it is irresponsible to embark on the journey of immigration without the necessary homework, research and preparation, so we will be able to cope with what reality thows at us. "Reality exceeds our dreems by far" (This one is from Goethe, whom of course as a german I MUST quote).

4) Last but not least...

let me give you the most important reason why for me personally your post although most certainly stating true facts is in the en counterproductive:

I have fallen in love with Canada, It is the land of my dreams

So please: "Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
(This is one of my favorite quotes from a poem by William Butler Yeats and I have used it on this forum before)

Sorry about my philosophical side getting the better of me (its either the Rye or the 3 hours of self imposed e/client abstinence )

Last edited by mhhp; Mar 21st 2005 at 6:03 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

You're not dim, MHHP, this bloke's postings don't make sense.

As for the immigration, boy, if you complain about Canada, move to Europe and you'll see racism in its purest form! I'm perhaps not the best person to talk about it, being blond, blue-eyed Nordic type, but I have heaps of friends with less white skin who are doing great in Canada, even newcomers. The major problems with immigrants in Canada stem from the fact that, like sheep, they're all heading to Van, Toronto and Montreal. Since the job market is saturated there, obviously new people will have problems getting into the market. Since most of the newcomers are not white, this may look like it's a racial problem.

Originally Posted by mhhp
At the risk of exposing myself as being a bit dimm, I cant help it, but I still do not understand a word of what you are talking about, blacky. Is it just me???

However to your first post, allow me to put a few thoughts on the table:

1) dreams and courage

Historically Immigration has always been about those two things:

Dreams of changing things, of making a difference, of building something new, in your own life as well as in your community and society.

Courage to stand up and make it happen, to leave everything behind and set out for the great unknown.

These has been the drivers of Emmigration/Immigration since the stone age, and I firmly believe they are still its success factors today. Without a passionate dream in front of us and the courage and persistance to make it happen, we are bound to fail.

There are a million reasons one can find not to go, only few of which blacky has named, but when I look around me it is not the reasons for failure, that this is all about. It is the way to overcome them, with dreams and courage.

2) Self responsibility

I believe we are responsible for my own future and success, not CIC, not Canada, not Europe, not the government, the system, the establishment, its ME and ME ALONE.

If I fail there is noone else to blame. No other "SCAPEGOAT", (to use blackys analogy) to make me feel better.

It is important that we have "the strength to accept the things we cannot change" (quote stolen from Francis of Asisi) and fight like Hell (not from FoA ) to improve those we can.

3) On the other hand

Having said that, it is of course easy when it is not you looking at the deep black hole (not yet )

We have a responsibility for sustainibility of society (which is BTW at risk with and without immigration)

We have alot of shit to shovel and alot of obsacles to overcome.

Therefore I do agree that it is irresponsible to embark on the journey of immigration without the necessary homework, research and preparation, so we will be able to cope with what reality thows at us. "Reality exceeds our dreems by far" (This one is from Goethe, whom of course as a german I MUST quote).

4) Last but not least...

let me give you the most important reason why for me personally your post although most certainly stating true facts is in the en counterproductive:

I have fallen in love with Canada, It is the land of my dreams

So please: "Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
(This is one of my favorite quotes from a poem by William Butler Yeats and I have used it on this forum before)

Sorry about my philosophical side getting the better of me (its either the Rye or the 3 hours of self imposed e/client abstinence )
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:31 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt we discuss this same site, and the negative nature of forums in general just the other day Try and keep up Blacky!

Just like any other arena in human endeavor, some immigrants will flourish, others will flounder. Its not fair, but it is life.

Hopefully no-one is making this kind of huge "lifetime decision" without going in with their eyes open. There are risks, but the silent majority of expats are happy with their choices.

If you come with a negative outlook, then it may well make life harder right from the start, as no canadian employer will want to hear how hard it is for the poor immigrant, so that wont do you any favours I'm afraid. Come with a positive outlook, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iaink
Didnt we discuss this same site, and the negative nature of forums in general just the other day Try and keep up Blacky!

Just like any other arena in human endeavor, some immigrants will flourish, others will flounder. Its not fair, but it is life.

Hopefully no-one is making this kind of huge "lifetime decision" without going in with their eyes open. There are risks, but the silent majority of expats are happy with their choices.

If you come with a negative outlook, then it may well make life harder right from the start, as no canadian employer will want to hear how hard it is for the poor immigrant, so that wont do you any favours I'm afraid. Come with a positive outlook, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.
Mhhp and Iaink thanks for the very positive approach to this thread. I can't agree more on the issue of personal responsibility. One wishes Canada does more to recognise foriegn qualifications but this is one of the issues anyone should be prepared for before deciding to emigrate.

Sorry BartM but the immigrants of non white origin that go to the major cities are not sheep!! They need to be able to go to communities they feel comfortable in and can readily assimilate into. People need to see themselves around and have a sense of belonging...... its not easy to do that as one of colour in all parts of Canada... as it isn't in all parts of the Europe hence the reason why London and Paris have the vast numbers of immigrants of non white origin!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

Kki6, all immigrants that flock to the big cities are sheep, not only non-whites But seriously, while I can understand why people would choose a place where they have family, friends, whatever ,if there is a large unemployment there, what do they expect, miracles? Isn't it better to stay a couple of years in a boom province/state, get Canadian work experience, save some money, improve language etc. and then reunite with the family in a big city? The situation in Europe is radically different since there is no general skilled-class immigration, language barriers between countries and a lot of newcomers are refuges with no language, education and skills - then it's a no brainer to stay in an ethnic ghetto. Canada and Australia encourage skilled people that can adapt easily to a new environment so they should be able to survive even in Fort McMurray or Edson.

Originally Posted by kki6
Mhhp and Iaink thanks for the very positive approach to this thread. I can't agree more on the issue of personal responsibility. One wishes Canada does more to recognise foriegn qualifications but this is one of the issues anyone should be prepared for before deciding to emigrate.

Sorry BartM but the immigrants of non white origin that go to the major cities are not sheep!! They need to be able to go to communities they feel comfortable in and can readily assimilate into. People need to see themselves around and have a sense of belonging...... its not easy to do that as one of colour in all parts of Canada... as it isn't in all parts of the Europe hence the reason why London and Paris have the vast numbers of immigrants of non white origin!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bartM
Kki6, all immigrants that flock to the big cities are sheep, not only non-whites But seriously, while I can understand why people would choose a place where they have family, friends, whatever ,if there is a large unemployment there, what do they expect, miracles? Isn't it better to stay a couple of years in a boom province/state, get Canadian work experience, save some money, improve language etc. and then reunite with the family in a big city? The situation in Europe is radically different since there is no general skilled-class immigration, language barriers between countries and a lot of newcomers are refuges with no language, education and skills - then it's a no brainer to stay in an ethnic ghetto. Canada and Australia encourage skilled people that can adapt easily to a new environment so they should be able to survive even in Fort McMurray or Edson.
BartM

Sorry mate but the point of ties with culture, family and friends is one that means different things to different people. Whether or not you require skilled immigrant; people still want to go to a place where they would feel at home. There is no point going to a place where you will feel isolated and fear experiencing racism. Your point on gaining canadian work experience is noted but you also seem to be suggesting that after gaining this experience they should then be able to move back to the cities..... where they would still face the problem of high unemployment.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:58 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bartM
Partly its cultural familiarity that drives it, and partly its that places like Toronto and Vancouver have large immigrant populations, so there is less percieved predudice against hiring a newcomer to canada as many of those doing the hiring were in that situation themselves once. Personally though i would initially choose somewhere smaller as there is less turnover and perhaps less competition for those jobs that are available. All newcomers are likely to have some problems at first as networking is king here for getting into the larger unadvertised job market, so contacts within your own ethnic group might be a big advantage at first, so in that respect a larger city with its preformed groups might be an advantage. I would hate living in TO though, much happier in a small community comuting a short distance to a mid size town to work.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 22nd 2005 at 1:00 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Hallo thanks for the enlightenment or food for thought.
This message was placed to create awareness that there is an issue out therewhich has not yet been dealt fairly with.
We all have our own ideas about was happening around us, but to be just an observer without at least trying to generate new ideas and directions is not enough.
The story shows the dilemma and demands more than philosophical thoughts.
What we wanted is reaction to it(this message) and we are greatful for the reponse.
Now here is the response of some other interesting person and I think worth noting. www.canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/index .
Go to reply # 3 and #5 march 20.2005. You will find sharons(she seems to be the resource for answering queries) replies on the bottom in numbered files. At this time it is page 3 or 4 ;but go by date.you will find it.
If this is what is acceptable then a sign""" NO IMMIGRANTS WANTED""should be put up for everyone to see and know about it; that would be fair!
If you have some humanity in your bones I recommend some reading in
http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/Foru...e=1&p=2172363#
Wink
Will check in again Good night blacky