Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Flagpoling from Calgary: Coutts AB or Kingsgate BC

Flagpoling from Calgary: Coutts AB or Kingsgate BC

Old May 2nd 2013, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flagpoling from Calgary: Coutts AB or Kingsgate BC

Hi everyone!

We have had the ok to head down to the Border to transfer from our IEC visa onto Temp Work Permit. We are planning on spending the day in the US and then heading back in the afternoon. Could anyone tell me if it would make a difference if we went to the Kingsgate BC crossing if we live in Calgary? Would it be easier going to Coutts as we live in Calgary? The reason I'm asking is that my friend had trouble with the border agent at Kingsgate previously when he flagpoled, the border agent gave him a roasting for going through there instead of Roosville which was closer to home. After looking through facilities offered by border offices, it states that Roosville doesn't deal with immigration services. I'm worried we'll get the same treatment if we go through Kingsgate instead of Coutts.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by snofairy; May 2nd 2013 at 5:02 pm. Reason: Wanted to be a bit clearer!
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Quaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really nice
Default Re: Flagpoling from Calgary: Coutts AB or Kingsgate BC

I thought Roosville did deal with immigration as i'm sure a few friends have used it for temp work permits but I could be wrong, plus Roosville is extremely lax on what you are bringing back through.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh ok, it doesn't say it on CBSA website but that would be much better than going to Kingsgate, thanks for the info!
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can go to any POE to get the work permit issued. Bear in mind some of the smaller ports don't issue a lot of TWPs and if nobody is available then you might be SOL and told to cross at one of the bigger ones.
Old May 3rd 2013, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You can go to any POE to get the work permit issued. Bear in mind some of the smaller ports don't issue a lot of TWPs and if nobody is available then you might be SOL and told to cross at one of the bigger ones.
Thanks FL!