Wikiposts

First landing

Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:50 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default First landing

When 'landing' for the first time do all my family have to arrive together?

I may have to travel to Canada for a few days and was wondering if I took all my families documents (passports, birth certificates etc.) and their confirmation of permanent resident print outs with me could I go through the interview and get us all authorised as permanent residents?

No panic. It'll just save my family sitting through the interview stage etc. and we wouldn't have to go through it again if I did it when landing alone initially.

I'll be landing at Toronto this time but Vancouver with the family.

Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First landing

Originally Posted by Animal
When 'landing' for the first time do all my family have to arrive together?

I may have to travel to Canada for a few days and was wondering if I took all my families documents (passports, birth certificates etc.) and their confirmation of permanent resident print outs with me could I go through the interview and get us all authorised as permanent residents?

No panic. It'll just save my family sitting through the interview stage etc. and we wouldn't have to go through it again if I did it when landing alone initially.

I'll be landing at Toronto this time but Vancouver with the family.

Thanks
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

You can't 'land' for them, but you can 'land' ahead of them (assuming you are the Principle Applicant of course).

So you can either go on ahead and land, and then they do the same weeks/months later, or you can all land together. But they must land themselves, you can't do it on their behalf.

Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:30 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I love this site

If I landed before them would we have to go through all the interview process again with all the information or would when they land be simpler and just present passports and PR printouts.

I'm just trying to make it easier/quicker when we all land together.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
I love this site

If I landed before them would we have to go through all the interview process again with all the information or would when they land be simpler and just present passports and PR printouts.

I'm just trying to make it easier/quicker when we all land together.
They'll have to go through the same process as you do when you land I'm afraid, no getting around that. Same 'chat' with immigration officer, same showing of proof of funds, etc. It's the final check they make before granting PR status, so they are just as thorough with everybody.