fingerprints..private company

Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:16 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fingerprints..private company

Hi
Have received a request for me to undergo a fingerprint check with the rcmp for my pr application. can I ask if anyone can answer 2 questions:
1. the request is just for me not my spouse , is that unusual?
2. I have read online about a private rcmp accredited company carrying out digital fingerprints which is supposedly quicker, has anyone had experience of this and is it quicker?
hope someone can help.
Thanks
Terese
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:20 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fingerprints..private company

There is a fingerprinting service available in larger cities. You get the speed from computer scanning of your fingers and emailing of the pictures to RCMP who then do a computer search. It is not unusual for only one person to be asked. The normal cause is that you probably have a name that is in the criminal record data base. The only way to show it is not you but just a coincidental namesake is to use fingerprints.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Hi ... I went to the COMMISSIONARES in Winnipeg , 90 $ and results in the mail in 10 days .!
worth the money spent
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
There is a fingerprinting service available in larger cities. You get the speed from computer scanning of your fingers and emailing of the pictures to RCMP who then do a computer search. It is not unusual for only one person to be asked. The normal cause is that you probably have a name that is in the criminal record data base. The only way to show it is not you but just a coincidental namesake is to use fingerprints.
Thank you Jim, I wondered why it was just me. I rang a company in Vancouver and they said that it would be quicker with digital fingerprinting so I think I may go that way.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
Hi ... I went to the COMMISSIONARES in Winnipeg , 90 $ and results in the mail in 10 days .!
worth the money spent
just a quick question did the rcmp send the results to you and then you sent them to cic, is that how it works ( just so I know what to do)
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:15 am

just for info a company on Granville street does the fingerprints for $45
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by terese677
just for info a company on Granville street does the fingerprints for $45
Here is CIC listings for the approved digital fingerprinting companies.

Service providers

* ClearNeed – Local offices are changing and being added constantly. For a provider near you, see their website at www.clearneed.com
* Comnetix International Fingerprinting Services Canada – Local offices are changing and being added constantly. For a provider near you, see their website at www.fingerprinting.ca and follow the links.
* Commissionaires – Local offices are changing and being added constantly. For a provider near you, see their website at www.commissionaires.ca or call their toll free number 1-877-322-6777.

RCMP feedback

The RCMP has a service level agreement with the Treasury Board Secretariat as follows:

Civil (Criminal) Submission (No Hit) – 72 hours

Criminal Submission with Added Charge (Urgent Priority) – 2 hours (for search)

Criminal Records Inquiries – 2 hours

Refugee Submission (Urgent Priority) – 2 hours

Latent Submission – 24 hours
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Here is CIC listings for the approved digital fingerprinting companies.

Service providers

* ClearNeed – Local offices are changing and being added constantly. For a provider near you, see their website at www.clearneed.com
* Comnetix International Fingerprinting Services Canada – Local offices are changing and being added constantly. For a provider near you, see their website at www.fingerprinting.ca and follow the links.
* Commissionaires – Local offices are changing and being added constantly. For a provider near you, see their website at www.commissionaires.ca or call their toll free number 1-877-322-6777.

RCMP feedback

The RCMP has a service level agreement with the Treasury Board Secretariat as follows:

Civil (Criminal) Submission (No Hit) – 72 hours

Criminal Submission with Added Charge (Urgent Priority) – 2 hours (for search)

Criminal Records Inquiries – 2 hours

Refugee Submission (Urgent Priority) – 2 hours

Latent Submission – 24 hours
Thank you for your help ,I will be using one on the list provided ,comnetix so I'm glad its all above board ( have been trying to search it on the net so this approved list is ideal)