Finally I got it Toooo!

Old Sep 15th 2001, 3:38 pm
X

Hi All; I have finally received the big brown envelope ))))))

Here is my Processing History:

June 2000 Send Application to Embassy October 2000 Received AOR February 2001
Received Medicals March 2001 Medicals Completed May 2001 Received Letter stating to
pay the ROLF June 2001 ROLF payed and Receipt sent to Embassy September 2001 Landing
Papers Received

Thanks to everybody who helped me thruout the Application Processing phase. Regards

Old Sep 15th 2001, 3:39 pm
Andrew Miller

Congratulations!!!

It would be nice and helpful for other readers here to provide all relevant
information - your nationality and country of residence, category applied under, visa
post application was submitted through, etc.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 15th 2001, 4:47 pm
Jim Humphries

Congratulations! What embassy did you apply to? Jim Humphries

X wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 16th 2001, 1:00 pm
X

My Infos are as follows:

MY NATIONALITY: Turkish PROFESSION : IT Professional (ORACLE DBA) AGE : 25 (when
applied i was 24) CATEGORY : SKILLED INDEPENDENT OFFICE APPLIED: ANKARA

I have a question to you all: After how much time, can i apply for Canadian
Citizenship? When i get the Canadian Citizenship, must i leave Turkish
Citizenship? Regards

Jim Humphries <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hi All; I have finally received the big brown envelope ))))))[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Here is my Processing History:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > June 2000 Send Application to Embassy October 2000 Received AOR February 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Received Medicals March 2001 Medicals Completed May 2001 Received Letter stating[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to pay the ROLF June 2001 ROLF payed and Receipt sent to Embassy September 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Landing Papers Received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks to everybody who helped me thruout the Application Processing phase.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 16th 2001, 2:08 pm
Jim Humphries

You can apply for citizenship three years after landing if you have maintined
your residence in Canada. It is not necessary to abandon your Turkish
nationality. Jim Humphries

X wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Congratulations! What embassy did you apply to? Jim Humphries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > X wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Hi All; I have finally received the big brown envelope ))))))[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Here is my Processing History:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > June 2000 Send Application to Embassy October 2000 Received AOR February 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Received Medicals March 2001 Medicals Completed May 2001 Received Letter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > stating to pay the ROLF June 2001 ROLF payed and Receipt sent to Embassy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > September 2001 Landing Papers Received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks to everybody who helped me thruout the Application Processing phase.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Regards[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 16th 2001, 2:52 pm
Toxicfungi

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!

cja in Canada )

Old Sep 16th 2001, 2:52 pm
Andrew Miller

To be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship you must accumulate 1,095 days of
residency in Canada within 4 years prior to the application. Citizenship application
process itself will take anywhere from 10 to 14 months.

Canada allows dual citizenship, so from Canadian law perspective you may keep your
Turkish citizenship but I have no idea what Turkish law says about it.

--

../..

sending email)

"X" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Congratulations! What embassy did you apply to? Jim Humphries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > X wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Hi All; I have finally received the big brown envelope ))))))[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Here is my Processing History:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > June 2000 Send Application to Embassy October 2000 Received AOR February 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Received Medicals March 2001 Medicals Completed May 2001 Received Letter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > stating to pay the ROLF June 2001 ROLF payed and Receipt sent to Embassy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > September 2001 Landing Papers Received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks to everybody who helped me thruout the Application Processing[/usenetquote2]
phase.
[usenetquote2]> > > Regards[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 16th 2001, 6:17 pm
Bolero Boy

Assuming one wanted to have Canada as their official place of residence for the rest
of their lives, are there tangible benefits to becoming a Canadian citizen vs. just
remaining a permanent resident? I would imagine that if one had Canadian citizenship
they could work in other countries and not worry about the loss of residency status
and be able to return to Canada without any problems, or is this not correct? Any
other considerations? Thanks.

>
days
    >
Citizenship
    >
    >
    >
keep
    >
it.

Old Sep 16th 2001, 6:38 pm
Andrew Miller

Yes, one of many benefits of Canadian citizenship is the fact that under current
law citizens are not required to live in Canada for any period of time, unlike
Canadian PR who must meet residency requirements to maintain PR status. Other
benefits are the right to vote (if one lives permanently in the country it is easy
to assume that such person would want to have something to say) and Canadian
passport. In today's dangerous world Canadian passport is one of the best when it
comes to international travel. Also note that some sensitive government jobs are
available only to Canadian citizens.

But let's not talk about benefits only - what about responsibilities? I strongly
believe that a person who makes Canada as his or her place of permanent residence and
benefits from living here should also takes responsibilities Canadian citizens have,
other than just paying taxes - and the first step to take on those responsibilities
is to become a Canadian citizen.

--

../..

sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > To be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship you must accumulate 1,095[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > of residency in Canada within 4 years prior to the application.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > application process itself will take anywhere from 10 to 14 months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canada allows dual citizenship, so from Canadian law perspective you may[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > your Turkish citizenship but I have no idea what Turkish law says about[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Old Sep 17th 2001, 7:14 am
X

Thanks! Tesekkur Ederim!

I am going to go to Toronto! I am currently trying to arrange a temporary residence
and look for potential Employers. I have not quit my Current job in Istanbul yet. I
will quit it after i am pretty well prepared for the Big Move. I am going to go alone
in the first place. After i marry with my fiance, she will come too. Regards

Toronto'ya gitmeyi planliyorum! Su anda gecici bi ev ayarlamaya calisiyorum ve
muhtemel is olanaklarina bakiyorum. Su anda daha Istanbul'daki isimi birakmadim.
Hazirliklarimi tamamlayip kendimden emin oldugum zaman isimi birakip Gocecem. Su anda
yalniz gidiyorum, ama nisanlimla evlendikten sonra o da yanima gelecek. Saygilarla

"Entrep" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > > Congratulations! What embassy did you apply to? Jim Humphries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > X wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Hi All; I have finally received the big brown envelope ))))))[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Here is my Processing History:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > June 2000 Send Application to Embassy October 2000 Received AOR February 2001[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Received Medicals March 2001 Medicals Completed May 2001 Received Letter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > stating to pay the ROLF June 2001 ROLF payed and Receipt sent to Embassy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > September 2001 Landing Papers Received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Thanks to everybody who helped me thruout the Application Processing[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > Regards[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >