Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Final landing preparations and lists! - Help!

Final landing preparations and lists! - Help!

Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final landing preparations and lists! - Help!

Hello everyone,

I am planning to land in September as part of a holiday and hopefully obtain job leads, also to complete all other admin such as appliaction for PR card SIN number etc, but then return to the UK . I will return to Canada permanantly early next year. Im in the process of preparing my goods to follow and goods acompanying lists, I have a few questions if anyone could help me...

1. As Im not packing yet - im not sure of what will fit into what box, and how many boxes I will need for the purpose of the list, so I have given everything a category and how many boxes I think it will need then a collective value. then just added a couple more boxes to that category - as it concerns me you cannot add anything to the list after, this is the only way I can think to get around it, to over estimate. Do you think this will be ok.?

2. I have some items of jewellry that used to belong to my mother, which I may or may not ship, but will list it anyway, will a rough valuation of each piece suffice? and when I do come to ship it (on my return to Canada) can I bring that in my hand luggage? (as long as its already been stated on my goods to follow list)

3. Can anyone recommend any good excess baggage shipping companies (I am not shipping furniture or appliances) just personal effects like clothes, CDs DVDs, ornatments, keepsakes, framed pictures etc

Im probably worrying about this too much - but i just want to get everything done and be ready for my landing, which is only 2 weeks away now!

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:36 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final landing preparations and lists! - Help!

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
1. As Im not packing yet - im not sure of what will fit into what box, and how many boxes I will need for the purpose of the list, so I have given everything a category and how many boxes I think it will need then a collective value. then just added a couple more boxes to that category - as it concerns me you cannot add anything to the list after, this is the only way I can think to get around it, to over estimate. Do you think this will be ok.?
Yes.

2. I have some items of jewellry that used to belong to my mother, which I may or may not ship, but will list it anyway, will a rough valuation of each piece suffice?
Yes.

It would be helpful if your Goods To Follow list included photographs of the jewellery.

and when I do come to ship it (on my return to Canada) can I bring that in my hand luggage? (as long as its already been stated on my goods to follow list)
Yes.

3. Can anyone recommend any good excess baggage shipping companies (I am not shipping furniture or appliances) just personal effects like clothes, CDs DVDs, ornatments, keepsakes, framed pictures etc
Sorry, although other forum members have done this, I've never paid attention, so cannot recommend a company.
x
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Yes.

Yes.

It would be helpful if your Goods To Follow list included photographs of the jewellery.

Yes.

Sorry, although other forum members have done this, I've never paid attention, so cannot recommend a company.
x

Great! thankyou for your help Judy. A few other little things off my mind.
Im sure I invent problems where there arn't any sometimes!

Paul
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:42 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

We have had quotes from a few, we are going to be using easysending.com

i will let you know how we get on, they seem good and have googled them with no bad reports, so fingers crossed

We are taking boxes
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moondevil
We have had quotes from a few, we are going to be using easysending.com

i will let you know how we get on, they seem good and have googled them with no bad reports, so fingers crossed

We are taking boxes
Moondevil,

Thanks for that - I always like to go by word of mouth, I will give them a call. please let me know how you get on.

Hope all goes well!

Paul