Final document request

Old Mar 4th 2019, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Final document request

I received an email titled 'Ready for Visa' and requesting a set of documents. I'm requested to send a copy of my passport, a copy of the email itself, and two photos of myself. For the first 2, it says "Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account." (I am a UK citizen, so visa exempt)

I can't seem to find anywhere on MyCIC to upload the email and passport copy. Should this be available to me somewhere? Or shall I just send it all in the mail to the address provided?

Also, I now assume PR is practically confirmed. Does anyone have experience in how long it takes the London, UK office to process the COPR after receiving the documents?

Thanks!
Old Mar 4th 2019, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final document request

They're supposed to open a new field in your application to upload that - and often don't. Common to just mail it in with the photos. (I did this - leading to the interesting-looking situation where because it wasn't uploaded, my myCIC account still tells me application approved, but final paperwork needed for COPR, nearly 2 years after I landed & got the PR card! ) Should be a few days to a couple of weeks from their receiving it to issuing the COPR, plus both way transit time depends on if you use Special Delivery/First Class/Second Class mail.
Old Mar 5th 2019, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rana1
I received an email titled 'Ready for Visa' and requesting a set of documents. I'm requested to send a copy of my passport, a copy of the email itself, and two photos of myself. For the first 2, it says "Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account." (I am a UK citizen, so visa exempt)

I can't seem to find anywhere on MyCIC to upload the email and passport copy. Should this be available to me somewhere? Or shall I just send it all in the mail to the address provided?

Also, I now assume PR is practically confirmed. Does anyone have experience in how long it takes the London, UK office to process the COPR after receiving the documents?

Thanks!
We had that note on my myCIC January 8th 2019.
Posted all the photos and paperwork (I just sent in paper copies of passport pages) Jan 21st and received London Jan 28th
Confirmation of approval Feb 25th and just received COPR today!
Old Mar 9th 2019, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Richb1970
We had that note on my myCIC January 8th 2019.
Posted all the photos and paperwork (I just sent in paper copies of passport pages) Jan 21st and received London Jan 28th
Confirmation of approval Feb 25th and just received COPR today!
Nice, congrats! I'm assuming you didn't send in the self addressed envelope?
Old Mar 9th 2019, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
They're supposed to open a new field in your application to upload that - and often don't. Common to just mail it in with the photos. (I did this - leading to the interesting-looking situation where because it wasn't uploaded, my myCIC account still tells me application approved, but final paperwork needed for COPR, nearly 2 years after I landed & got the PR card! ) Should be a few days to a couple of weeks from their receiving it to issuing the COPR, plus both way transit time depends on if you use Special Delivery/First Class/Second Class mail.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sending it in the post then. You didn't send a self addressed envelope did you? I'm reading the email as only needing that if I send my passport, but never 100% confident in interpreting these emails lol
Old Mar 9th 2019, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info! I'll be sending it in the post then. You didn't send a self addressed envelope did you? I'm reading the email as only needing that if I send my passport, but never 100% confident in interpreting these emails lol
I followed the instructions in my Ready For Visa email. Since for me this included "In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”)", I included a self-addressed envelope that was A4 size or larger.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, congrats! I'm assuming you didn't send in the self addressed envelope?
I sent it express post from Canada but you need an A4 envelope inside and they send the COPR back in that