Final check-Advise please :)

Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:36 am
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Final check-Advise please :)

Hi guys.
Just need a bit of advise on the final couple of stages before stepping out from customs.

Im due to pick up my passport on the 30th-they told me to go collect, not have it posted, which i planned to anyway. Other than the paper they gave me with a cloakroom ticket stapled to it, do i need anything else with me? What can i expect when i get there, will it be hand over paper, get passport, or is there an interview or form filling process??

With passport and copr in hand, i then plan to fly out with canadian wifey...get to customs, hand over pp, copr and b4 goods forms...again, do i need to be forewarned with any other info.advice? Wife will be there with me, as my sponsor so able to answer any questions from imm officers..Is there anything else i need to know/prepare for??

Thanx guys, help allways appreciated.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:31 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Final check-Advise please :)

Hi royyboy,

When I was there last Thursday, the people with the receipt were just told to hand them in at the counter, and someone just handed their passports back to them, with their shiny new visas. They were just asked to check the details on the visa, just in case there were any mistakes, and they were then free to leave. One chap seemed uncertain and asked if he needed to do anything else, and the lady behind the counter said "Just enjoy Canada!".

In short, I am pretty sure that you don't need to take anything else. Except perhaps some money to enjoy a drink afterwards...

Thanks for my vote in the Canada lifestyle section!

Simon
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:05 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

ehehehe, no worries....loox like i may have to start to get included in the next one eh

So, did he just get a passport, or extra paperwork too, as in a copr..this copr bit still has me baffled.....
Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:16 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Not entirely sure what he got. Could the visa be the COPR? No one seemed to get a big bundle of papers, certainly.

Can you let me know after Thursday, so I know what to expect next week...?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:43 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

sure, no worries