Filling in IMM 1295

Old Mar 20th 2015, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filling in IMM 1295

My OH joined the Royal Navy when he was 17, only there for 4 months. Is this classed as military service? He done basic training and a few weeks of class room work after, then left.
I've found a small bit of info from the British legion and he would be classed as an early service leaver, but still not clear on whether it's classed as 'proper' service.

Also, he is filling this in for his IEC, so..

Should he fill in 'details of intended work in canada' ?
Asking for details of prospective employer, location, address, job title etc
Well he doesn't have any, so shall he put 'NA' ? Or leave blank

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling in IMM 1295

Never, ever leave anything blank on a form for CIC! They have a nasty habit of rejecting them if you do that. Always put N/A, so yes, that's what he'd put for his intended work.

And if he was in the Navy, then he needs to say yes to the military service imo, even if it was only for 4 months.

HTH.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough

On the subject of the IMM1295 -

I am in Canada currently, I have a job that I will be continuing once/if my new IEC is approved. How/what is the best way to fill in the "intended work" section??

On question 2, I don't think my employer has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity (or I'm just not understanding the wording there) so I have filled in 2 a & b as "n/a".

But then on part 3, I have listed my current workplace as my intended work and then details of it. Also, I obviously haven't got LMIA number so have left that blank ...

Is it best to fill these all in as "unknown" as I did with my first IEC application??

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

I think for IEC it doesn't matter what you put in for intended work (FWIW I left those sections completely blank) as the permit is open and not tied to a specific employer.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bc2015
I think for IEC it doesn't matter what you put in for intended work (FWIW I left those sections completely blank) as the permit is open and not tied to a specific employer.
Thanks!