Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A few questions about TWP application...

A few questions about TWP application...

Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:55 pm
dk1
Javla Volvo Forare

dk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few questions about TWP application...

I'm just working through my application for a TWP (as a single person) and have a few questions. They are only minor but I just want to get things right I suppose. I had a quick search but couldn't find anything specific.

Expected to start / finish employment - IMM 1295 B
Question #17 and #18. Bit of a silly question because I won't know this until I've had the approval. There is nothing on my employment contract or LMO to suggest a start and finish date either. What should I fill in here?

Use of a Representative - IMM 5476 E
I am not appointing a Representative nor am I cancelling the appointment of a Representative. Will I remove these two forms from my application or leave them in, empty?

Police Check
On the checklist I have it states that IF one has a criminal conviction an original police certificate should be included. I have an up-to-date police check, but I'm as clean as a whistle - is it worth including or should I leave it out encase it looks suspicious?

Proof of Funds
Do I need to submit any kind of proof of funds for a TWP application?

Not Applicable
Would it be acceptable to write 'N/A' is the spaces provided that do not apply to me? Perhaps it would look better than left empty?

Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:06 pm
dk1
Javla Volvo Forare

Default Re: A few questions about TWP application...

Oh, just another query I forgot to mention earlier. I have scanned copies of my Employment Contract and LMO - would these be acceptable for the TWP application? I'm still waiting on the original papers via snail mail.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:08 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dk1
I'm just working through my application for a TWP (as a single person) and have a few questions. They are only minor but I just want to get things right I suppose. I had a quick search but couldn't find anything specific.

Expected to start / finish employment - IMM 1295 B
Question #17 and #18. Bit of a silly question because I won't know this until I've had the approval. There is nothing on my employment contract or LMO to suggest a start and finish date either. What should I fill in here?
Your Job Offer _needs_ to have a start and an end date. This ensures that you can be offered a TWP after HRSDC has approved your application for the time frame in question.

Originally Posted by dk1
Use of a Representative - IMM 5476 E
I am not appointing a Representative nor am I cancelling the appointment of a Representative. Will I remove these two forms from my application or leave them in, empty?
Empty.

Originally Posted by dk1
Police Check
On the checklist I have it states that IF one has a criminal conviction an original police certificate should be included. I have an up-to-date police check, but I'm as clean as a whistle - is it worth including or should I leave it out encase it looks suspicious?
Why would that look suspicious?

Originally Posted by dk1
Proof of Funds
Do I need to submit any kind of proof of funds for a TWP application?
As you have a valid job offer that should not be required.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:09 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dk1
Oh, just another query I forgot to mention earlier. I have scanned copies of my Employment Contract and LMO - would these be acceptable for the TWP application? I'm still waiting on the original papers via snail mail.
No, it is essential that you submit the original documents.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:50 pm
dk1
Javla Volvo Forare

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

My job offer doesn't have a start and finish date because we don't know how long exactly the TWP will take to process. If we suggested a realistic start date of March 2nd 2009 (by which time the TWP application should be processed and I have no major commitments here) does this mean the TWP will be approved for this time scale (from March 2nd 2009 until March 2nd 2011) without adjustment? If so, can I enter Canada before this date (but obviously not work)? What happens if, for whatever reason, the process time for the TWP application went beyond that date?

Sorry, just trying to understand a little more!