Federal Skilled Worker

Old Oct 22nd 2019, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Cal500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Federal Skilled Worker

I've been looking into the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program for a while however I am finding it too difficult to find a job without have a visa to work. So I am looking into the possibility of the Federal Skilled Worker I have looked at the points system and my score is 74. My question is how the pool works if I have a score just over 67 then do I have a lower chance of getting the Visa granted. If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Callum.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 6:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federal Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by Cal500
I've been looking into the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program for a while however I am finding it too difficult to find a job without have a visa to work. So I am looking into the possibility of the Federal Skilled Worker I have looked at the points system and my score is 74. My question is how the pool works if I have a score just over 67 then do I have a lower chance of getting the Visa granted. If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Callum.
Hi, and welcome to BE.

No, you just need 67 or more, having a higher FSW score doesn’t help at all. A score of 67 or more just means you have enough to allow you to enter the Express Entry pool of applicants.

However, having a higher CRS score does matter. That’s the crucial score, as only those scoring the highest are selected from the pool and invited to apply for PR. So what do you score on the CRS? If you score enough to get PR via EE without a job offer, then that’s definitely the way to go.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 22nd 2019 at 6:15 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 6:49 am
Just Joined

My CRS score is only 482 which by the looks of things is far too low, are there any others alternatives for working in Canada without having a job offer, I'm not nessecerly looking for PR just yet if its not possible.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 6:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My CRS score is only 482 which by the looks of things is far too low, are there any others alternatives for working in Canada without having a job offer, I'm not nessecerly looking for PR just yet if its not possible.
Not sure why you think that’s too low? That would have got you an Invite to Apply in the last draw (and the one before that, and before that, etc, etc).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html

It’s a very high score (assume you’re young, have a masters or Phd and experience in Canada or similar?) so at that level you’d get an invite to apply for PR fairly quickly. Definitely no need for a job offer or the AIPP.

Good luck!
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the last message it has been very reassuring. My last question regarding this would be if I would be invited for PR then would there be a time limit for me to enter Canada as I am currently working in New Zealand and would have to give enough notice to leave?
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 7:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you for the last message it has been very reassuring. My last question regarding this would be if I would be invited for PR then would there be a time limit for me to enter Canada as I am currently working in New Zealand and would have to give enough notice to leave?
You’d have a year from the date of your medical to ‘land’ and activate PR, but then once you’ve done that you can return to NZ before having to move permanently. Once you’ve landed you have to spend at least 2 years out of every 5 in Canada to maintain PR status, so plenty of time.

HTH.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 8:34 am
Just Joined

I am sorry to bother you again but I have made a mistake with 1 of the questions on the CRS I actually only have 418 which isn't enough going back to my 2nd question are you aware of any other options to working in Canada without having a job offer.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 8:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I am sorry to bother you again but I have made a mistake with 1 of the questions on the CRS I actually only have 418 which isn't enough going back to my 2nd question are you aware of any other options to working in Canada without having a job offer.
Ah, ok, then that won't be enough. Are you sure though, that doesn't seem to match up with a FSW score of 74? So do double check both, as if you're scoring 74 on the FSW points score you'd normally get more than 418 on the CRS.

There are options, depending on various things. What do you do, how old are you, and which province are you looking to move to?
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 9:07 am
Just Joined

I have just tried the FSW again and I got 74 the mistake I made with the CRS is that I have no work experience in Canada which dropped me down. I am happy to live in any province I am 25 years old and I am a Guest Relations Manager in a Hilton Hotel. With a 3 year Bachelor University Degree.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I have just tried the FSW again and I got 74
Can you break that down for us?

I am 25 years old
Aha! In which case, have a look at the IEC visa - it's a 2 year open work permit for those aged 30 and under, no job offer required. Visas have all gone for this year, but you could apply under the 2020 program.

Old Oct 22nd 2019, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Is that the one that is where I would be put in a pool and maybe get the visa my only worry with that is that i would be looking at supporting a partner and she is from country not on the IEC list from everything I've looked at i'm thinking the AIPP is going to be my best chance and to try and find a job in one of the Atlantic Provences.
I have 1 year experience at NOC lvl 0 and 1 year at lvl B, I have a 3 year Bachelor and I have top scores on my IELTS.

Last edited by Cal500; Oct 22nd 2019 at 9:40 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Is that the one that is where I would we put in a pool and maybe get the visa
Sort of, but although it's a lottery there shouldn't be any issue with you getting a visa if you apply early. There were only 954 people that didn't get a visa last year (out of 20,000+), and I suspect they all applied when the quota was running low.

my only worry with that is that i would be looking at supporting a partner and she is from country not on the IEC list
Personal question, but do you live together and have you done so for a year or more? If so, she could also get an open work permit for the same duration as yours once you have a skilled job.

Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Its no problem we are engaged and have been living together for over a year so they could work then, how long does it take for the pools to complete for the IEC?
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

how long does it take for the pools to complete for the IEC?
Sorry, not sure what you mean?
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Oh sorry I am a engaged and we have been living together for over a year so from what i can gather i would need to the there and be in one of the 3 skilled job categories then she would be able to apply for an open work visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.