Federa Investor Immigration

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 2:50 am
Just Joined

tonyor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Federa Investor Immigration

Hi all my initial application under the Federal Investor program should arrive at the Canadian High Commission in London on Monday. I am just wondering what happens next ? If anyone else has already done this or is in the process, I would be really grateful for any information you can pass on.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Federal Investor Immigration

Is anybody else going the Federal Investor route ?
I would really like to hear other peoples experiences.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:46 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federa Investor Immigration

Hi

Originally Posted by tonyor
Hi all my initial application under the Federal Investor program should arrive at the Canadian High Commission in London on Monday. I am just wondering what happens next ? If anyone else has already done this or is in the process, I would be really grateful for any information you can pass on.
1. File review, processing time is 18-25 months so not very much will happen for a while.
2. You can read how the application will be assessed http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op09-eng.pdf
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks PMM. Once again you are a mine of information.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 4:48 pm
Lawyer

David L. Thomas is on a distinguished road

When you say, initial application, do you mean the short form, Simplied Application? If so, then you will wait 12 months or so and then be requested to submit the full application, together with all supporting documentation. You will be given 120 days to submit everything, and you will need all that time. It is a big application. They will review the full application, and if you are approved, you will be asked to do the medical exam, the background checks and pay the RPRF fees. At the very end, you will be asked to make the "eligible investment". If you don't know how that works, I strongly suggest you read the details at my web site, www.canadainvestorprogram.com, because it is rarely explained thoroughly. The last step is to submit your passports to have the visas inserted. Then you will have a deadline (usually 1 year from the date of your medical exam) to actually come to Canada and "land" - activate the PR visas.

The information provided in this posting is of a general nature and is not intended to deliver advice on your specific immigration matter. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of <company name removed> or establish an attorney-client relationship.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 13th 2009 at 7:05 pm. Reason: Links removed, pls read site rules before posting again.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonyor
Thanks PMM. Once again you are a mine of information.
Hi we applied under the investor programme in May 2009 on the short form. Application has been shown as in process since 4th June 2009. We have yet to hear any more from CIC London. Our immigration consultants have advised that it is likely to take 12 months for application to be fully processed. Fingers crossed.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rich07
Hi we applied under the investor programme in May 2009 on the short form. Application has been shown as in process since 4th June 2009. We have yet to hear any more from CIC London. Our immigration consultants have advised that it is likely to take 12 months for application to be fully processed. Fingers crossed.
Good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all
Default Re: Federal Investor Immigration

Just received our 120 day letter, all of a sudden it sems very real!