Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Old Jul 5th 2015, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Danii_i is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Thank you so much Roberto, did not see the RPRF no EE option...
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roberto1980
Frustrating , limbo , worrying , anxious.... I can relate to all those when it comes to going through this whole process mate lol

Stick In there. What skill, noc code are you applying under?
I think the code for mine was 1123: Advertising and Marketing professionals.

I know that is going to be a popular NOC so fingers crossed.

Does anyone have a link to where you can get the latest stats on the caps for each NOC. I did have a link but it doesn't work any more.

Also does anyone have any thoughts on applying via EE whilst your applications via FSW is still in progress? Is it worth while applying via EE?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

NineTails is an unknown quantity at this point

What has been the average time frame for most people?

For me I just need to save the money up, but by the looks of it I may be best to fill out everything now, apply and save up as it's processing?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NineTails
What has been the average time frame for most people?

For me I just need to save the money up, but by the looks of it I may be best to fill out everything now, apply and save up as it's processing?
Do you mean the proof of funds amount required? If so, you need that when you apply to be eligible.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

I do and damn.

But it's only a photocopy of a bank statement. I can scrap together enough for that. However, my first still stands: what's the average time from the moment you hit apply to getting accepted or not?

I know this has a lot of factors but I'm a single guy who doesn't work in the health industry (I'm a programmer). I checked the website and it said they aim for under 6 months but another one said they are taking like 35 months. So I'm confused.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 12:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But it's only a photocopy of a bank statement. I can scrap together enough for that. However, my first still stands: what's the average time from the moment you hit apply to getting accepted or not?
Too many variables I'm afraid. If you apply and get selected in the next round, then you should have PR well within 6 months. But you could apply and then not get selected for 6 months, so that would increase the timescale to 12 months. What are you scoring on the CRS? If it's well over 450 then you should be selected quite quickly.

As for the differences in timings, it depends on if it's done under EE (6 months or less), or the old FSW system (years) so that's why you're seeing differences in stated processing times - the higher time is for people applying under the old system.

Do note that you can be asked to prove where the funds have come from, so as long as the funds are your own you're fine, but you can't borrow it just for the POF statement.

HTH.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Do note that you can be asked to prove where the funds have come from, so as long as the funds are your own you're fine, but you can't borrow it just for the POF statement.

HTH.
I was going to ask a friend if he could transfere some money in so I could "snap shot" it. I wouldn't take out a bank loan for this.

According to this tool http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...d/crs-tool.asp I score 488. But only if I ace my IELTS tests.

Last edited by NineTails; Jul 6th 2015 at 12:07 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was going to ask a friend if he could transfere some money in so I could "snap shot" it. I wouldn't take out a bank loan for this.
Nope, that wouldn't count I'm afraid. The money must be your own, it cannot be borrowed or any kind of loan (even from a friend or family member). From the CIC website "You cannot borrow this money from another person."

CIC may not ask you to prove where the money has come from, but if they do and they find out that it's a mate that's lent it to you, it wouldn't count and technically is misrepresentation. Not worth risking IMO!
Old Jul 17th 2015, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Paulmccarthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Request for medicals have just came through on the 15th !! Application for perm residence recieved in October for anyone wondering.

Absolutely over the moon ! One last hurdle to go. The last 8 months have been excruciating in limbo waiting for any sign of movement but its finally happened
Old Jul 17th 2015, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Request for medicals have just came through on the 15th !! Application for perm residence recieved in October for anyone wondering.

Absolutely over the moon ! One last hurdle to go. The last 8 months have been excruciating in limbo waiting for any sign of movement but its finally happened
Old Jul 17th 2015, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roberto1980
Frustrating , limbo , worrying , anxious.... I can relate to all those when it comes to going through this whole process mate lol

Stick In there. What skill, noc code are you applying under?
We got our medical requests on Wednesday ! I am common law as a gas fitter and my girlfriend who is the mail applicant has a degree in food bio science but can't remember her code.

It's a huge weight off my chest knowing that someone has actually looked at our application and now the only thing between us and perm residence is a medical
Old Jul 17th 2015, 6:05 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulmccarthy
We got our medical requests on Wednesday ! I am common law as a gas fitter and my girlfriend who is the mail applicant has a degree in food bio science but can't remember her code.

It's a huge weight off my chest knowing that someone has actually looked at our application and now the only thing between us and perm residence is a medical
it's far from over after the medical, I had to wait 4 months after the medical to get COPR
Old Jul 17th 2015, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
it's far from over after the medical, I had to wait 4 months after the medical to get COPR
Well aware of the at least 4 month wait but compared to the last 2 years that's a walk in the park, plus my brothers wedding in Australia is in January so not able to move til after that, prob not able to go until around May June 2016. But the hard part is done !
Old Jul 17th 2015, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Is there a place where you can find out what the draw score is?
Old Jul 17th 2015, 7:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Is there a place where you can find out what the draw score is?

Ministerial Instructions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.