Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

Old Jun 12th 2015, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Roberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed Skilled Worker 2014...Timeline

So the final stage in our application has surreally arrived.

Received Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) paperwork yesterday.
Have until 16th may 2016 to get our butts over there and activate PR..

It's been a long saga considering we have considered / wanted to move to canada since 2008. A lot of frustration, anticipation, expense, left in limbo feelings lol..

But regarding this current fsw application the process from sending our application to today it has actually been fairly efficient. Not even a year.

So one part of the journey ends... The other part starts now
Old Jun 12th 2015, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Roberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Q.

In regards to activating PR. Am I right in saying we could fly over to canada in say October this year, (recce etc ) and NOT activate our PR.

I.e. We have the option as to when to activate it as long as it's before 16th may 2016?
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

pennydog is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that's right Roberto…. just don't present your certificate or declare that you're on anything more than a holiday trip. We got ours today but are going over there on holiday a week on Sunday so we will activate ours then (though we will have a fun old time with the Goods to Follow list over the next week)
Old Jun 17th 2015, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roberto1980
Quick Q.

In regards to activating PR. Am I right in saying we could fly over to canada in say October this year, (recce etc ) and NOT activate our PR.

I.e. We have the option as to when to activate it as long as it's before 16th may 2016?
Yes you can. Those who decide to activate their PR but are not establishing a residence need to inform CBSA of this so they don't need to present a list of goods to follow.
Those activating their PR and staying need to present a list of goods to follow.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes you can. Those who decide to activate their PR but are not establishing a residence need to inform CBSA of this so they don't need to present a list of goods to follow.
Those activating their PR and staying need to present a list of goods to follow.
Cheers for the clarification
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

I asked CBSA if I needed to do the lists since I won't be moving for a year and have just got an (automated) email back.

They do indeed require a goods to follow list still apparently. Or that's what the e-mail bot says.

That's my half my weekend gone right there then since we go next week. Our electronics better not break and need replacing within the next year!
Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennydog
I asked CBSA if I needed to do the lists since I won't be moving for a year and have just got an (automated) email back.

They do indeed require a goods to follow list still apparently. Or that's what the e-mail bot says.

That's my half my weekend gone right there then since we go next week. Our electronics better not break and need replacing within the next year!
See response from FL above - in case you're not aware he works for CBSA as an immi officer.

HTH.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
See response from FL above - in case you're not aware he works for CBSA as an immi officer.

HTH.
Thank you. I tried to forewarn them as directed by FL but that was the response I got.

I'd much much rather not but my confidence is knocked by the inconsistency and some of the things I have read about not being able to import later from other people's experiences. We have an imm consultant that say we have to do it this time too so there's no one definite answer being given consistently.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point

So the final stage in our application has surreally arrived.

Received Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) paperwork yesterday.
Have until 16th may 2016 to get our butts over there and activate PR..

It's been a long saga considering we have considered / wanted to move to canada since 2008. A lot of frustration, anticipation, expense, left in limbo feelings lol..

But regarding this current fsw application the process from sending our application to today it has actually been fairly efficient. Not even a year.

So one part of the journey ends... The other part starts now
Congrats on receiving your COPR!! Must be a great relief.

I'm still waiting to hear from CIO as not heard anything since 18th December 2014 when they confirmed my application would now go for a 'detailed review' which I'm presuming is my PER?

Can you advise how long the wait was for you was between receiving PER & being told to go for Medicals? Looks like it was only a month from Medicals to receiving your COPR which is quick then I thought.

I'm hoping that I would have heard more news by the end of the summer (Aug/Sept) or am I being too optimistic?
Old Jun 26th 2015, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KetanP

Can you advise how long the wait was for you was between receiving PER & being told to go for Medicals? Looks like it was only a month from Medicals to receiving your COPR which is quick then I thought.

Received PER November 4th 2014
Med requests April 28th 2015
Received COPR June 11th 2015

Hope you hear something soon
Old Jun 26th 2015, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point

Received PER November 4th 2014
Med requests April 28th 2015
Received COPR June 11th 2015

Hope you hear something soon
Thanks for getting back to me. So about 7-8months for you. That's a lot quicker than I expected.
My application must be taking a little longer then as I received PER (when they emailed to say acceptance for detailed review) on 18th December 2014 and not heard anything since. Hopefully I'll hear about a medical soon. Getting anxious now!!
Old Jun 28th 2015, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Paulmccarthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KetanP
Thanks for getting back to me. So about 7-8months for you. That's a lot quicker than I expected.
My application must be taking a little longer then as I received PER (when they emailed to say acceptance for detailed review) on 18th December 2014 and not heard anything since. Hopefully I'll hear about a medical soon. Getting anxious now!!
We are the same. Received around October 2014 and not heard a thing, still in process. So frustrating beyond belief the lack of movement or being able to ask any questions, worrying about the cap being reached or it just being rejected. We are just left in limbo its horrible being so helpless and anxious all the time there is so much on the line for us
Old Jul 5th 2015, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Danii_i is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, could you tell me how you paid your Right of Permanent Residence Fee?
I sent my FWS application in July 2014 and received the medical request already. Together with it there is a request to pay the RPRF with a link to the CIC Pay your fees website: Pay your fees

I am not comfortable to admit but I completely do not know how to proceed...I went through the different stages where I had to choose where I am paying from and what for (there was no RPRF for FWS so chose RPRF for EE). I had signed up and have the GC Key username and password and progressed until they ask: what would you like to do today. The options are: 1)apply for Work Permit, EE; 2)link this application; 3) Student Transfer....There is no option to pay the fricking fee!!!!

I am at such a loss, could anyone assist somehow, please?
Old Jul 5th 2015, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danii_i
Guys, could you tell me how you paid your Right of Permanent Residence Fee?
I sent my FWS application in July 2014 and received the medical request already. Together with it there is a request to pay the RPRF with a link to the CIC Pay your fees website: Pay your fees

I am not comfortable to admit but I completely do not know how to proceed...I went through the different stages where I had to choose where I am paying from and what for (there was no RPRF for FWS so chose RPRF for EE). I had signed up and have the GC Key username and password and progressed until they ask: what would you like to do today. The options are: 1)apply for Work Permit, EE; 2)link this application; 3) Student Transfer....There is no option to pay the fricking fee!!!!

I am at such a loss, could anyone assist somehow, please?
Hi,

In the drop down box, where it asks 'what are you paying for'..
Scroll down until you see the option 'right of permanent fee - not express entry'

Hope that helps
Old Jul 5th 2015, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paulmccarthy
We are the same. Received around October 2014 and not heard a thing, still in process. So frustrating beyond belief the lack of movement or being able to ask any questions, worrying about the cap being reached or it just being rejected. We are just left in limbo its horrible being so helpless and anxious all the time there is so much on the line for us
Frustrating , limbo , worrying , anxious.... I can relate to all those when it comes to going through this whole process mate lol

Stick In there. What skill, noc code are you applying under?

Last edited by Roberto1980; Jul 5th 2015 at 4:07 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.